“A trip not to be missed”
Review of Alba Ballooning

Alba Ballooning
Peebles, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A trip not to be missed”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was given a trip on Alba ballooning by my son to celebrate my 70th birthday. After several failed attempts I was finally successful in April 2013. It was a cold , lovely clear evening, still with snow on the hills. We ballooned from West Linton to Gladhouse Reservoir. At 3000ft the view was stunning -- able to see the Cheviots to the south and into Fife to the North. I had never considered doing a balloon flight but I am so glad my son provided me with this opportunity as it was as many people have commented "fantastic". I must comment here on behalf of Peter and his crew who were so organised and Peter himself who put all members of the flight at ease with his relaxed manner.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tom S
AlbaBallooning, Owner at Alba Ballooning, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Tom. Thanks for those kind words and sharing your experience here. Indeed, we get some days with amazing visibility and one gets such an opportunity to simple relax and enjoy the panorama from within a balloon basket drifting gently along with the wind. It's quite unique I feel. Gld you so enjoyed and appreciated the experience.

Tynemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Just Brilliant”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My wife & myself who are both fast approaching 70 years of age were bought vouchers for our trip as a gift from our son & his family. Although we were both very apprehensive about the flight
we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience which was just brilliant. All of the Alba crew were very professional in a relaxed & friendly way which made us feel very much at ease and I agree with the comments expressed by others that it is a most surreal peaceful and calm experience. Take off feels more like the ground is leaving you as you float gently upwards and whilst the flight peaked at an altitude of 2300 feet we felt completely safe in the competent hands of our pilot Pete as we watched the sun setting over the Cheviot hills. Our flight lasted just over an hour
and we felt almost like celebrities upon landing, not just because of the champagne celebration but because dozens of cars were stopping to take photos. It's probably a one off for us but something very special which we're both pleased to have done.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank PETEMAR87
AlbaBallooning, Owner at Alba Ballooning, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Pete? What a lovely overview of your experience. Many thanks for writing that. It's always nice to note that folk on the ground get a buzz out of seeing a balloon float overhead as well as those of us onboard.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Alba Ballooning preferable to the big boys, Virgin”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Peter Forster at Alba Ballooning is exactly what you want on a balloon trip - above all [sorry!] knowledgeable about what we were flying over. Skilful when landing by a housing construction site near Gorebridge, too. We also took a Virgin balloon trip later in 2013, since we had been given a voucher for it, and we found it fine, yes - but I'd always go back to Alba next time, and recommend them to anyone in preference to Virgin. Don't want to slag anyone off since the chap there was obviously trying to do a good job, but it must have been clear even to him that we were not getting such a good time with Virgin as we had with Alba. There have been rumours that Virgin are more cavalier about landing on farmers' crops and then just blithely paying compensation, which Alba say they do their level best to avoid having to do.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Roger P
Dear Roger. Many thanks for your 'preferential' recommendation! Glad you enjoyed both your balloon trips. All balloonists will do their level best to avoid any damage to crops and at Alba, I certainly try to avoid the known intensive crop areas prior to harvast (eg East Lothian). But anyone can get caught out at some point and of course would compensate the farmer accordingly together with a deserved apology to him/her. Fortunately it is very rare and we maintain good relations on the whole and receive a lot of support from most in the farming community on whose goodwill we so rely upon. Hope to see you again one day.
Kirknewton, United Kingdom
“Experience of a lifetime!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We went on a flight with Alba balooning in Sept. What a fantastic experience and great day out. I would definatley recommend and would love to repeat the experience. Everyone should experience this. Gorgeous views. Tranquil. Amazing. Thanks Alba. Claire

Visited September 2013
Dear Claire. Thank you for those positive words of recommendation and great that you so enjoyed your flight. September can be a great time to fly with the landscape colours changing after harvasting and those not so early starts or late finishes! Indeed, hope to see you again sometime.
Glasgow
“Fantastic Experience”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We were given a voucher for this as a wedding present and it was by far the best present we received. Our balloon ride was in March on a cold but crisp morning, perfect weather conditions, with the sun out. The hot air ride was amazing, we couldn't believe how smooth the take off and flight was, gliding over the hills, with amazing views of the pentlands. My favourite part was going up through and then above the clouds. It was well run and everyone very friendly, with a nice glass of bubbly when we landed. Highly recommend and definitely plan to repeat the experience at some point!

Visited March 2013
Thanks for sharing that and so pleased that we clearly had lovely weather for your flight. So many forget that we do get many stunning clear weather and sunny sky days in Scotland, so ideal for ballooning provided the winds are light enough! I look forward to seeing you again sometime, hopefully.