“More convenient than comfortable”

Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tibshelf
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We chose to stay here as a group booking 5 rooms as a stopover en route to Sheffield.

Like others, the Sat Nav took us on a mystery tour and you have to ignore the no entry sign and press a buttom to gain entry. Exit back onto the M1 was easy enough. Unclear whether it is possible to exit straight off of the M1 so worth checking to avoid the detour.

We were checked in quickly and politely. Our room was on the first floor with 2 double beds and all the usual expected facilities were included, working and clean. The general decor was dated and needs a bit of tarting up. Although close to the M1 there was little noise and we could only here the TV from the next room. All reasonable good then.

My only cricism was the bed. It was very worn and one where you roll into the lower middle. When I lifted the duvet to see the base, it was two halves and both were worn and badly stained.

There is a restaurant on site or a MacDonalds a short walk across a bridge to the Southbound side. I cannot comment as we took our own food and porridge to eat in the morning.

Check out was fine.

Very reasonable priced and convenient. If you are looking for a bit extra comfort then try somehwere else but if you are on a budget and simply looking for a stop over bed then this might just do.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
I’m sorry that the bed was less than satisfactory. I shall look into this problem and correct this. Please be assured these are not the standards we usually offer.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My partner & I stayed here for one night on 7th Dec. We were given room 20, which is a ground floor room set up for Disabled users, with two single beds. We had ordered a double, but never mind, we simply moved the beds together :-)
I found the room to be of a fairly good standard, with TV, shower, kettle, lights all working fine. The room was nice and clean, but I did need to ask for some loo roll, which was supplied quickly. The room was quiet and the beds were comfortable.
The only issue I had was finding the place, as we used the postcode supplied by LastMinute.com. First we went to the back of the M1 Services, which had a big red gate and an intercom that was meant to connect me to Reception. I tried a few times and had no response...I then phoned the hotel's number and also had no response, so I found another postcode that had been emailed to me by the automated booking service. It wasn't until Google Maps took me to some field near a farm and promptly had a tantrum, that I checked a few other websites to find the actual postcode for the M1 Services. Thankfully it only took another 20 minutes to go along the motorway and get to the correct location.
If you are trying to find this place, my advice is just to go on the motorway and use the RoadChef M1 Services postcode DE55 5SZ.

Room Tip: DE55 5SZ is the correct postcode for the Services area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

I’m sorry that you had such difficulty finding the hotel and that this added an extra 20 minutes to your journey. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us .We will utilise your comments and try and sort this problem out.
I’m glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I hope that we see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

A convenient overnight stop before a day dancing near Chesterfield. I had 2 problems: the bed was very springy and the walls between rooms too thin to cut out noise of family next door. Otherwise it was satisfactory for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review.
Im sorry that the bed was less than satisfactory. I shall look into this problem.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Very clean room,comfortable, didnt try the services next door so couldnt comment on that.Hotel could do with a refurb looking abit drab...just want to mention the staff,ellen in particular what a great asset to days inn lovely warm welcome and couldnt do enough for us,keep up the good work.will stay again if we are over that way.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review.
I will pass on your lovely comments to Ellen who will be really delighted.
Thank you again for the lovely review.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Not easy to find using SatNav,takes you off jct28 then around lanes and village until you come to a no entry sign and you have to be asked to get in.Needs a good makeover.Room had paint peeling off,bathroom bit of mildew around edge could not leave bathroom door open as notice on wall said it sets of fire alarm from the steam..Dauvet to thin.Cups to small for a decent cup of tea.Needs more eating places on site.Bought a voucher for breakfast in eatery next door and with only about six of us to serve they forgot me.Had to wait long time.Receptionist very helpful that afternoon.Worst one i have stayed in so far.Could tell it is old as used key to get in rooms instead of an electronic card.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

I’m really sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. I’m sorry that you were also let down by the restaurant, I will pass your comments on the restaurant manager.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

It starts badly as the hotel post code does not take you to the hotel - some unclassified road in Tibshelf.
The beds are uncomfortable.
We would use it again, for its location alone and the need to stay somewhere enroute. Breakfast was unavailable and the possibilities to eat of site were awful - this needs to be mentioned prior to booking it needs to be possible to get a proper meal on site or in the services next door.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for your review.
I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. I can only apologise for the problems you have experienced.
We do work closely with the Roadchef restaurant beside us to provide our guests with meals that offer value for money. Breakfast is served every morning from 7am. I will certainly pass your comments on to the restaurant manager. We do have several restaurants within the area which we would be happy to direct you to which are just a short drive from the hotel.
Thank you again for your review, and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

A really good one night stay hotel, extremely helpful staff, Ellen is very helpful .
Good value for the money, we also found a good Cauvery only a couple of miles away.
Spacious room double bed, and a good English Breakfast at the services, if you want a stop half way up the M 1 then this is it.
Paul and Joan Bennett

Room Tip: Get a room at the back
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review.
I will pass on your comments to Ellen who will be thrilled with the lovely feedback.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to give us this great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Days Inn Chesterfield in the near future.
Michelle Roberts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tibshelf
Travelodge Alfreton
#9 of 15 in Chesterfield
New Bath Hotel and Spa
New Bath Hotel and Spa
#2 of 3 in Matlock Bath

Been to Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf? Share your experiences!