“Enjoyable Days Inn”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tibshelf
B76
“Enjoyable Days Inn”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

It has been a pleasure to stay at the Days Inn as the staff cannot do enough to make your stay enjoyable.the staff are always so helpful and nothing is too much trouble for them.The rooms are always clean,tidy and warm and always a great supply of tea,coffee and sugar.Value for money is second to none with great offers to make it even better value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for such a great review!
The team here really work hard to ensure every guest who stays here leaves wanting to post a review like yours!
We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Michelle Roberts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Morton Derbyshire
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Hi... The Hotel was great the rooms spacious and very clean... I guess it was all a Company Representative or Trucker would need but for a young family up from Wales visiting their family here in Derbyshire during the Christmas Holiday it was extremely noisy with people coming and going throughout the night, some drunk, some just shouting; "Hello" or "Goodbye"... I booked this Hotel for my Son, Partner and Grand Children to see their Mum, Dad & Grand Parents over the Hols... None of them had more than a few hours sleep over the three days stay... I would complain more seriously and demand compensation if I thought anyone would listen, but I am probably one of few that found the experience less than acceptable.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for your review.
We strive to provide the best service and standard for all our guests, sadly on this occasion these standards and service were not met. Please contact the hotel and speak with myself so that we can fully investigate and resolve these issues for you.
Kind Regards
La Vinuela, Spain
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Nice clean hotel, comfy rooms, coffee and tea in room, pleasant helpful staff, quiet location, 24 hour motorway service station a short walk away. When you come off the motorway, keep to the left all the way around until you get to the hotel. It's not well sign-posted. I mentioned this at check-in, "We know".... with a smile.
The only problem is it is only accessible from the northbound M1 unless you are very familiar with the local area country lanes. Don't rely on your satnav. Then you have a barrier entrance, push-button and speak. This is to stop the locals taking a short-cut to the motorway!
If you are heading south you would have to pass the southbound service area a few miles and take Jnt 28, A38 Derby slip road and head back M1 north. Next day you would have to head north a few miles to Jnt 29, the Chesterfield slip road to take the southbound M1. Bit of a pain really.

Room Tip: Don't trust your satnav to get access from the local country roads.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I’m sorry that you had difficulty with the satnav and if this added extra time on to your journey.
We do have a barrier system in place which is connected to reception. Guests are welcome to use the slip road to gain access from both north and south of the motorway; all we ask is your name and room number to check against our guest list.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again
Bristol
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Comfy bed let down by body odours in the bedding.

simple but effective bathroom.

tele worked if a litle pale.

breakfast voucher spent next door - do not be afraid to return your meal to the kitchen and take a refund. You are warned.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Charles M
I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfactory and that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Fresh, clean laundry is used ready for the arrival of our guests. I’m sorry that you were also let down by the restaurant, I will pass your comments on the restaurant manager.
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We chose to stay here as a group booking 5 rooms as a stopover en route to Sheffield.

Like others, the Sat Nav took us on a mystery tour and you have to ignore the no entry sign and press a buttom to gain entry. Exit back onto the M1 was easy enough. Unclear whether it is possible to exit straight off of the M1 so worth checking to avoid the detour.

We were checked in quickly and politely. Our room was on the first floor with 2 double beds and all the usual expected facilities were included, working and clean. The general decor was dated and needs a bit of tarting up. Although close to the M1 there was little noise and we could only here the TV from the next room. All reasonable good then.

My only cricism was the bed. It was very worn and one where you roll into the lower middle. When I lifted the duvet to see the base, it was two halves and both were worn and badly stained.

There is a restaurant on site or a MacDonalds a short walk across a bridge to the Southbound side. I cannot comment as we took our own food and porridge to eat in the morning.

Check out was fine.

Very reasonable priced and convenient. If you are looking for a bit extra comfort then try somehwere else but if you are on a budget and simply looking for a stop over bed then this might just do.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
I’m sorry that the bed was less than satisfactory. I shall look into this problem and correct this. Please be assured these are not the standards we usually offer.
Thank you again for your review.
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My partner & I stayed here for one night on 7th Dec. We were given room 20, which is a ground floor room set up for Disabled users, with two single beds. We had ordered a double, but never mind, we simply moved the beds together :-)
I found the room to be of a fairly good standard, with TV, shower, kettle, lights all working fine. The room was nice and clean, but I did need to ask for some loo roll, which was supplied quickly. The room was quiet and the beds were comfortable.
The only issue I had was finding the place, as we used the postcode supplied by LastMinute.com. First we went to the back of the M1 Services, which had a big red gate and an intercom that was meant to connect me to Reception. I tried a few times and had no response...I then phoned the hotel's number and also had no response, so I found another postcode that had been emailed to me by the automated booking service. It wasn't until Google Maps took me to some field near a farm and promptly had a tantrum, that I checked a few other websites to find the actual postcode for the M1 Services. Thankfully it only took another 20 minutes to go along the motorway and get to the correct location.
If you are trying to find this place, my advice is just to go on the motorway and use the RoadChef M1 Services postcode DE55 5SZ.

Room Tip: DE55 5SZ is the correct postcode for the Services area.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
I’m sorry that you had such difficulty finding the hotel and that this added an extra 20 minutes to your journey. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us .We will utilise your comments and try and sort this problem out.
I’m glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I hope that we see you again soon.
Birmingham
Reviewed 5 December 2013

A convenient overnight stop before a day dancing near Chesterfield. I had 2 problems: the bed was very springy and the walls between rooms too thin to cut out noise of family next door. Otherwise it was satisfactory for the price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your review.
Im sorry that the bed was less than satisfactory. I shall look into this problem.
Thank you again for your review.
Michelle Roberts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tibshelf
Ibis Chesterfield North
#1 of 1 in Alfreton
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sutton in Ashfield

Been to Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf? Share your experiences!