“Easy, clean, quiet”

Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tibshelf
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Over the last year I've stayed here on 5 occasions, each time for 2-3 nights. It's a room only place. It's not the normal type of hotel that I stay in.

Cons first - Food in the area - its poor :-), the hotel is at the service station so in the evening there is Costa/Burgerworld - tedious after a long day. (solution is to go via Tescos)

Pro's - Great Internet connection, good mobile coverage. All the staff that I've met have been brilliant. Rooms always a good size and comfortable. As a resident at the hotel they will let you cross over to the other carriageway (buzz the barrier) so you can go North and South on the M1 easily.

No alcohol available is a plus as there is no temptation for a quick pint before bed!

This hotel has no distractions, hence I enjoy staying here when busy. Nothing can touch it for the price.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nick B
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for a great review!
We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to give us this great feedback.
I will pass on your comments to the team; they take great pride in their work and really enjoy hearing that all their hard work pays off.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Days Inn Chesterfield in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We booked a family room, which was really well laid out; a seperate kids bedroom through an archway. This meant we could watch TV once they were in bed without disturbing them.
The room was clean, and well presented with facilities as it said it would be.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking time to write a review.
I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Days inn Chesterfield (Tibshelf)
We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed 20 February 2014

After driving all day, I found it very difficult to find the entrance to the Days in when approached from Chesterfield. I would think you would like to attract more customers, but please give a bit more signage into what is a very sheltered entrance. Also it was not possible to get a meal on a Saturday evening because the Road Chef was closed at 3 pm.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfactory and that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I’m sorry that the restaurant within Roadchef let you down. The Costa Coffee and McDonalds is open 24hours, we do also have several restaurants within the area which we would be happy to direct you to which are just a short drive from the hotel.
I’m sorry that you had such difficulty gaining access to the hotel; we do have signage as you enter the service station directing guests towards the hotel.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

THANKYOU for a quiet and comfortable weekend break. your staff were helpful and friendly, the room clean and pleasantly warm. It was so peaceful just what we needed. The WIFi didn't work for us but it didn't spoil our weekend. The food being in the Roadchef building didn't tie us down to eating times. We will definitely recommend and use you again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review.
I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your comments to the staff who will be delighted.
I’m sorry that the Wi-Fi let you down on this occasion, I’m glad that it didn’t affect your weekend stay with us.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

I normally would never stay at a Motorway Service Station Hotel, but needed a cheap convenient bed for the night. Staff friendly, rooms are large (got a family double at £40), and only problem is that whilst the WiFi is free … it is like going back 15 years to a dial up modem.
Why don't they offer an upgrade to something decent ….. ?
This is the reason I would not stay at one of these places again, as when travelling I need the internet for work and play. When will hotels understand that it is just as important as a bed, shower and good TV. (By the way the TV is a pokey 22 inch)

Room Tip: Go for a family double - with 2 large double beds.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

I'm so pleased you found the staff friendly. I will pass your comments on to them.
I apologise that the Wi-Fi let you down on this occasion.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very nice lady in reception, Michelle Grosse, very friendly and helpful. Room was warm, clean and had tv, with a comfy bed and one didnt have to rush off in the morning as the check out time was 12 noon. Kettle and hairdryer provided, and thanks to the 24 hour WHS we were able to get nibbles and have a nice cup of tea and biscuits in the room. Would definitely use again whilst visiting the area

Room Tip: we couldnt fault it
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank anna maria pier... W
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for the great review.

I’m pleased that you had a great stay with us.
I will pass on your comments to Michelle Grosse who will be delighted.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The hotel is fine if you just need a bed for the night, the staff were friendly and the room and beds are adequate. The hotel is on the north bound side of the M1 and can be a slight hassle to get to if approaching from the north on the south bound side of the carriage way. The facilities at the services close early and there is nothing else for miles.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review.

I’m sorry that you had problems accessing the hotel from north to south. We do have a small access road that guests of the hotel can use to gain easy access to both sides of the motorway.
I’m sorry that the facilities let you down. We do have several restaurants within the area which we would be happy to direct you to which is just a short drive from the hotel.

Michelle Roberts

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tibshelf
Ibis Chesterfield North
#1 of 1 in Palterton
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sutton in Ashfield

Been to Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf? Share your experiences!