“You get what you pay for.”

Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tibshelf
Chester, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at the Days Inn recently alone for a business trip. After a long drive I was hoping for somewhere to sit, relax and have a drink and maybe a bite to eat....no such luck. Whilst the staff were very friendly and helpful the hotel itself was a disappointment. It is basically just a room - a motel if you will. Mine was a double room, but I ended up with a massive family room. The beds were lumpy and uncomfortable and there were stains all over the divan....not nice.

After realising there was no bar/lounge I headed to the services next door.....everything was shutting down at 8.30pm.....so no relaxing drink to be found there. Quietest services I think I've ever encountered.

The location and price brought me to this place, but I would not return. I have stayed in Days Inns before, but this was poor in comparison to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Please be assured we are doing everything we can to resolve the issues you experienced.
Unfortunately due to our motorway location it is illegal for us to serve alcohol, but we can always recommend local supermarkets if you wish to purchase alcohol to drink in your room.
Michelle Roberts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Unknown
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Staff always very helpful and friendly, only disappointment with my last visit was that the room didn't appear to have been cleaned very well, red wine spill on bedside table and shower was a little grubby, but other than that its a nice little resting place for the money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfactory. Our aim is to not only meet the needs of every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and relaxing as possible.
Please be assured I will investigate the issues you raised.
West Kirby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Over the last year I've stayed here on 5 occasions, each time for 2-3 nights. It's a room only place. It's not the normal type of hotel that I stay in.

Cons first - Food in the area - its poor :-), the hotel is at the service station so in the evening there is Costa/Burgerworld - tedious after a long day. (solution is to go via Tescos)

Pro's - Great Internet connection, good mobile coverage. All the staff that I've met have been brilliant. Rooms always a good size and comfortable. As a resident at the hotel they will let you cross over to the other carriageway (buzz the barrier) so you can go North and South on the M1 easily.

No alcohol available is a plus as there is no temptation for a quick pint before bed!

This hotel has no distractions, hence I enjoy staying here when busy. Nothing can touch it for the price.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick B
Thank you for a great review!
We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to give us this great feedback.
I will pass on your comments to the team; they take great pride in their work and really enjoy hearing that all their hard work pays off.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Days Inn Chesterfield in the near future.
Oxfordshire
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We booked a family room, which was really well laid out; a seperate kids bedroom through an archway. This meant we could watch TV once they were in bed without disturbing them.
The room was clean, and well presented with facilities as it said it would be.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking time to write a review.
I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Days inn Chesterfield (Tibshelf)
We hope to welcome you back soon
Lake District
Reviewed 20 February 2014

After driving all day, I found it very difficult to find the entrance to the Days in when approached from Chesterfield. I would think you would like to attract more customers, but please give a bit more signage into what is a very sheltered entrance. Also it was not possible to get a meal on a Saturday evening because the Road Chef was closed at 3 pm.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfactory and that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I’m sorry that the restaurant within Roadchef let you down. The Costa Coffee and McDonalds is open 24hours, we do also have several restaurants within the area which we would be happy to direct you to which are just a short drive from the hotel.
I’m sorry that you had such difficulty gaining access to the hotel; we do have signage as you enter the service station directing guests towards the hotel.
Bradford
Reviewed 17 February 2014

THANKYOU for a quiet and comfortable weekend break. your staff were helpful and friendly, the room clean and pleasantly warm. It was so peaceful just what we needed. The WIFi didn't work for us but it didn't spoil our weekend. The food being in the Roadchef building didn't tie us down to eating times. We will definitely recommend and use you again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review.
I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your comments to the staff who will be delighted.
I’m sorry that the Wi-Fi let you down on this occasion, I’m glad that it didn’t affect your weekend stay with us.
Thank you again for your review.
West Sussex
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I normally would never stay at a Motorway Service Station Hotel, but needed a cheap convenient bed for the night. Staff friendly, rooms are large (got a family double at £40), and only problem is that whilst the WiFi is free … it is like going back 15 years to a dial up modem.
Why don't they offer an upgrade to something decent ….. ?
This is the reason I would not stay at one of these places again, as when travelling I need the internet for work and play. When will hotels understand that it is just as important as a bed, shower and good TV. (By the way the TV is a pokey 22 inch)

Room Tip: Go for a family double - with 2 large double beds.