“surprisingly reasonable”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Tibshelf
London, United Kingdom
“surprisingly reasonable”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night with my 2 young sons. visiting family locally. staff were lovely. We had a family room which was surprisingly spacious and well equipped for budget hotel. kids beds were already made up on arrival and room was a little tired in places, but clean, with TV, tea tray, plenty of towels, hairdryer and bodywash. Nice and quiet as well (until my horrors arrived anyway! ). Major disappointment was the food at the services. We popped in to get the little one a warm milk from Costa before bed, but didn't realise until the morning when I went to throw the cup away that there was a mouse poo stuck in the lid of the cup. . YUCK!! We bought a voucher for food- £7.50 buys £10 worth of food and was surprised that we got 2 kids eat free vouchers. . After the mouse poo incident I was reticent to eat there but didn't have much choice at that time. £10 does not get you far at those prices as everything is an extra and kids drinks were not included in their voucher. overall I would stay at the day's inn without hesitation, but would avoid the services if I could.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Please contact the hotel and speak with myself so that we can fully investigate and resolve the issues that you have mentioned.
Michelle Roberts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Godalming, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were generally pleased with our room but one of the twin beds was appalling and needed replacing and the other bed was of poor quality. Neither of us had a good night's sleep so we would avoid Days Inn in future because of this.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank JandI4852
I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay.
Please be assured we have resolved the issues with the beds.
I do hope to welcome you back soon
Sussex
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We were pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of the family room and appreciate the fact we can have our two dogs with us, as we attend a championship dog show at Clay Cross nearby every year. We needed to go out for dinner to a local pub and the receptionist kindly gave us directions to a couple of ideas - we also needed to know how to get onto the south bound motorway from the north bound Days Inn, so further directions were given to us. It would be very helpful to guests if this type of information could be typed out onto a fact sheet of local information, as it is very difficult to take in verbal directions to more than a couple of queries. Reception staff very friendly and helpful. Food in nearby service area not good - I had to return my cooked breakfast on our previous visit as it was cold and inedible, so we bought a packet of sandwiches from Smiths - would have preferred a decent cooked breakfast. The food area lacks life and there is little attention paid to customers' requirements - could be a lot better. This is no reflection on Days Inn, but the quality of the food does not support their good efforts.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that the receptionist could direct you to nearby restaurants. I’m sorry that the restaurant within the service station let you down on this occasion, I will pass on your comments to the restaurant manager.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you and your two dogs back soon
Nn11 0tq
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Nice sized room, comfortable, and good value for money. Wi-Fi not the best. The rest of the service area was limited with it's facilities.

However, The Crown, in the village of Tibshelf, is an excellent eating place (approx. 1.5 miles from Days Inn through back gate). Good quality large portions, with small prices. Staff are very friendly and attentive 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: Top floor room reccommended
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do have a number of restaurants with in the area that we are happy to direct guests to.
Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon
North Hykeham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The room was very good and that staff was excellent, the only downside was that it was a bit noisy regarding other room users and as a light sleeper it did annoy me slightly. Overall we all enjoyed it. Many Thanks. Mark, Natalie and Owen (child) in case you get the wrong idea : )

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Michelle R, General Manager at Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
I’m sorry to hear you had difficulty sleeping, I hope this didn’t spoil your stay with us.
I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff
I do hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Chesterfield (Tibshelf) soon and thank you again for your review.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Nice comfy rooms, friendly and helpful staff, surprisingly quiet and peaceful. My only problem is sometimes waiting for the barriers to cross to the southbound side and vice versa, would be easier and a lot quicker if the code was given at check in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you so much for your review.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff.
I’m sorry that you had problems with the barriers, I do hope this didn’t spoil your stay with us.
I do hope to welcome you back soon
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at the Days Inn recently alone for a business trip. After a long drive I was hoping for somewhere to sit, relax and have a drink and maybe a bite to eat....no such luck. Whilst the staff were very friendly and helpful the hotel itself was a disappointment. It is basically just a room - a motel if you will. Mine was a double room, but I ended up with a massive family room. The beds were lumpy and uncomfortable and there were stains all over the divan....not nice.

After realising there was no bar/lounge I headed to the services next door.....everything was shutting down at 8.30pm.....so no relaxing drink to be found there. Quietest services I think I've ever encountered.

The location and price brought me to this place, but I would not return. I have stayed in Days Inns before, but this was poor in comparison to others.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Please be assured we are doing everything we can to resolve the issues you experienced.
Unfortunately due to our motorway location it is illegal for us to serve alcohol, but we can always recommend local supermarkets if you wish to purchase alcohol to drink in your room.
Michelle Roberts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tibshelf
Ibis Chesterfield North
#1 of 1 in Alfreton
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel
#1 of 1 in Sutton in Ashfield

Been to Days Inn Chesterfield Tibshelf? Share your experiences!