“Still as great ..”

The Old Dairy Farm Shop & Coffee Barn
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The cafe is situated in the middle of the village of Pucklechurch, about 15 minutes drive from Junction 18 (Bath) of the M4 motorway and only 25 minutes from the centre of both Bath and Bristol. We have a small car park & plenty of on street parking.
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Despite move to smaller premises, Jason and Sarah still providing wonderful food, drinks and a warm welcome. A very special place run by a very special couple.

2  Thank Mary H

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Lovely little place, very nice staff, afternoon tea was so nice, bread fresh & super fillings, cakes were amazing, so much food! Used a Groupon & very good indeed. The offer wasn't supposed to be on on Sundays but because we couldn't go in the week & they were very booked up they booked us on a Sunday, really was appreciated. Thank you

1  Thank Vicki H
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I tried to use a Groupon voucher however when calling to book they stated they were fully booked( this would suggest it is popular)
The lady on the phone apologised and offered a refund through Groupon.
I have now been refunded.
I will definately book in the future as they dealt with the problem efficiently and in a friendly manner.

1  Thank Alpaca78
Reviewed 24 May 2014

bought an afternoon tea voucher, more than a week before it expired I tried to book a table only to be told fully booked, they have my money and they did not try and accommodate or offer other times days etc, I won't be going there!

7  Thank Amy Grimsby S
JBristol, Owner at The Old Dairy Farm Shop & Coffee Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Writing a review of an establishment, good or bad, when you have not actually visited simply highlights not only a potential lack of intelligence, but also a weak attempt to cover up your own mistake to those around you. The vast majority of people reading these reviews will be able to realise a genuine expression of someones experience of The Old Dairy. This sort of thing is always a risk when taking part in a Groupon or similar promotion. Bookings have been open (at the time of writing) for around 3 months and during this time there has been plenty of space for Groupon voucher holders to book. Of course those days and weeks have now passed and a few, including you, left it untill a week or 2 untill the end of the promotion before trying to book. We explained that we were now fully booked, particularly as one of the 2 remaining weeks was half term and that if you contacted Groupon, they would issue you with a refund. We only recieve any mony once the customer has visited and we have redeemed the voucher. Simply holding a voucher does not give you an automatic right to a booking, as you know. The tight costings involved with Groupon does not permit use of a voucher outside the clearly designated times or days when our regular customers may be visiting. So, perhaps next time, you wont leave it quite so late and will think twice before venting your frustration on TA openly informing everyone that you have never set foot inside the establishment and in so doing making yourself look just a little silly. Still, with a bit of luck, no one who realises who you are will read this!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had a very bad experience at This establishment. I booked a table and arrived at the cafe(which was empty except for one occupied table). I was shown to my table and after a couple of minutes a waitress came to take our order. The Groupon voucher was on the table and she said' oh wait a minute I didn't realise you were a Groupon customer 'and disappeared into the kitchen. With that an extremely stroppy woman came out and said to me and my friend' there's been a misunderstanding and I'm afraid you won't be able to use your voucher. I haven't got enough sandwiches , I just can't do it'. I then said that coffee and cakes would suffice and she replied ' you can have that if you want but you can't use your voucher!'. All this was said in a very loud and brusque manner and more people had arrived in the meantime. She disappeared into the kitchen and my friend and I left feeling rather humiliated.

6  Thank Happycustomer187
JBristol, Owner at The Old Dairy Farm Shop & Coffee Barn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

We don't normally respond to reviews leaving customers to make up their own minds. However on this occasion it is justified to do so. The only reason you were humilliated and yes, you were humilliated, was because you tried to sneak in using a Groupon voucher having "forgotten" to mention you wished to use this promotion when you booked earlier the same day. The vouchers clearly state 24 hours advance booking is required and that they may be used only between 3 and 5pm. You booked for 2.30pm knowing we were fully booked for Groupon that day. The promotion is for an afternoon tea which has to be prepared in advance & because of the costings involved with this type of deal, you may not use your voucher for anything else or at any other time simply because you managed to trick your way in & proudly present your voucher. This was explained calmly and politely to you, which of course, you didn't like. You were caught out, felt embarrassed & left to a mixture of astonishment & laughter from the other customers who witnessed your performance - we were in fact about half full at the time. Just to finish your day off nicely, you had to return, rather meekly, in order to retrieve your phone, which had been left behind. When you did return, we again attempted to explain the situation politely & at that point you claimed to understand. Perhaps that was so you could leave quickly in order to write what some might say, a rather pathetic non review.