“Excellent food and service!”
Review of Rose & Crown

Rose & Crown
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional Country / Village English Pub & Restaurant
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Went to the Rose & Crown to celebrate the 90th Birthday of a dear friend.
Beautiful pub, friendly staff who were able to cater for the 20 of us with ease.
Food was fantastic, and the atmosphere was amazing.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We read the reviews and thought we’d still give it a go, wish we hadn’t! Awful food and slow service, flies everywhere (not a lot they can do about this I know) but to have the tables already laid with cutlery?! We witnessed flies landing on the cutlery and then people arriving and using it!

The food was terrible, poor quality and badly cooked, half of the meals we ordered were inedible when we raised this with the waitress her response was please have a complimentary glass of wine!

Even some of the locals who were drinking in there suggested we’d have been better of at the Bull just up the road!

Owners of this place need to react quickly before you no longer have a business,

We won’t be back and would recommend other people don’t waste your money here either.

1  Thank Bowdey1
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Sunday lunch was awful, looked like it had be thrown on the plate. The chicken and roast potato looked very anaemic. Service was good but food let’s the place down, i personally won’t be returning.

1  Thank Ozzy21192
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Arrived at 1pm, main courses not served until 2:20pm gave up on dessert at 3:30pm. Very poor choice for vegetarians and one of the 2 main course options was unavailable. I chose a nice sounding goats cheese salad but what arrived lacked several of the ingredients listed in the menu (no tomatoes, basil, croutons) and I had a very small plate of sliced red onion, a few blobs of goats cheese, maybe 3 cherry tomatoes (halved), a few shreds of lettuce, some olives and a few croutons. Not exactly good value for £6.95. The side dish of sweet potato wedges were large chips, cold and greasy. My friend's Thai chicken curry looked quite nice and she said it was tasty. We ordered desserts but after waiting for around 45 minutes gave up. Also on visiting the ladies I discovered that the soap dispenser appeared to be mainly water, odourless and colourless. I was later shown the pack of antiseptic hand wash it was meant to be; maybe suitable for the kitchen staff but not what customers expect to find. The pub gave the excuse there was a large party in, but at no time were we warned about the waiting time, nor any given any apology at the table. After such shoddy service I expected a full refund but were only given a partial refund for the dreadful salad and non-eaten desserts.

1  Thank AngelaD3066
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I booked a table for 5 to celebrate a friends birthday as I had been informed that it had recently been taken over by the same people that run The Old House at Home. which is one of our favourite places to eat. I know it’s early days but they have a way to go. Yes I went with high expectations. The food was ok, choice for vegetarians was not great. Service was ok a bit slow and took a while for drinks to arrive despite the fact that it was a Wednesday night and only two other tables. I would give it another go and really hope things pick up.

1  Thank Jane080176