“Great stay”

Villa Maritime Marstrand
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marstrand
“Great stay”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Marstrand is a beautiful place and staying in Villa Maritime puts you perfectly on the island. Comfortable rooms with a fully equipped kitchen and a heated pool. Perfect when travelling with family! Good restaurant too! We had a great stay!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 20 March 2013

As u get off the ferry on the mar strand island u can see the villa maritime. A two min walk n u r at the property. Lovely n beautiful view. As the winter is still on the restaurant of the hotel is closed until you have a huge group staying. But beautiful rooms, very clean n comfortable. It's a mini apartment in itself. Our was facing the swimming pool (covered coz of winter), you can see the top of the fort as well as the waterside.we had a gr8 2 day stay. The breakfast was placed in the room itself. Overall a memorable weekend getaway.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Paddybailur
Bath, England
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Had high hopes for this hotel on the island of Marstrand. It's got self-catering 'apartments' with a little kitchen in the corridor, a sitting room and bedroom. In the event, we got a room on the front on the ground floor. It was badly equiped, noisy and hot. When we booed we were told there was air con, but it didn't work. As a result we were kept awake until the early hours by revellers. Pity, because the location is potentially good. Dishwasher hadn't been emptied and had dirty stuff when we arrived. Not surprising because it didn't seem to work. Kitchen was badly equipped and we had to borrow stuff from the hotel restaurant kitchen. You may do better if you get a room higher up or at the back. but avoid ground floor front!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellinB0b
Gothenburg
Reviewed 29 July 2009

I've stayed at Villa Maritime two times during business trips. The conference facilities and the food is great but the rooms feels very dated and in urgent need of new furniture. The rooms I've stayed in are quite a contrast when compared with the modern and trendy lobby and restaurant.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
Milford, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 August 2006

My grandparents were born and raised on Marstrand. I so wanted to meet all of our relatives, but wanted my own place to stay. I rented two rooms..one for my husband and I...we got a lovely first floor apartment that was close to the pool and had a lovely patio. Everything that we needed was there for us...

Be aware though, that if you are renting, you must rent sheets and towels. We didn't know that! The staff is very helpful and friendly. I have not one complaint about this place and would stay again.

My kids had a two bed room on the third floor...it was large and roomy.

You can do your own cleaning, or have a maid service come in.

Laundry has to be signed up for, but they provide everything and it is free!!

Lovely grocery store across the island stocked with anything you need. Ferry ride to Marstrand is about $2 the ride back is free.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank cmfairygodmother
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 April 2005

I've just come from a night at the Villa Maritime hotel on Marstrand Island, off the west coast of Sweden. I was so impressed that I jumped to write a review when I saw this site.
The hotel is right on the waterfront, only steps off the ferry. Upon stepping into the room, my first impression is that it was larger than my first apartment. A 2-room suite, living room and bedroom. The living room area also contained a full kitchen and dining table. The kitchen was fully equipped with utensils, etc. Because I had a ground-floor room, it also had a sitting area outside with lounge chairs. The hotel overlooks the "gap" between the island and the mainland, which is perhaps a hundred yards. Marstrand has gorgeous North Sea scenery. Rooms looking the other way would have a view of the Carstens fortress, which dramatically tops off the island.
Everything was very clean and efficient. Large closet space would make this a comfortable place for a lengthy stay.
My only disappointment is that I was traveling on business, only here for the one night because all the hotels in Gothenburg were full. Thus I missed out really being able to enjoy the hotel and the island. I certainly plan to come back someday, and suggest you should too!

Stayed April 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marstrand
Marstrands Havshotell
#1 of 3 in Marstrand
Salt & Sill
Salt & Sill
#1 of 1 in Kladesholmen

Been to Villa Maritime Marstrand? Share your experiences!