“A Wonderful experience”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marstrand
Milford, Connecticut
“A Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 24 August 2006

My grandparents were born and raised on Marstrand. I so wanted to meet all of our relatives, but wanted my own place to stay. I rented two rooms..one for my husband and I...we got a lovely first floor apartment that was close to the pool and had a lovely patio. Everything that we needed was there for us...

Be aware though, that if you are renting, you must rent sheets and towels. We didn't know that! The staff is very helpful and friendly. I have not one complaint about this place and would stay again.

My kids had a two bed room on the third floor...it was large and roomy.

You can do your own cleaning, or have a maid service come in.

Laundry has to be signed up for, but they provide everything and it is free!!

Lovely grocery store across the island stocked with anything you need. Ferry ride to Marstrand is about $2 the ride back is free.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank cmfairygodmother

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 April 2005

I've just come from a night at the Villa Maritime hotel on Marstrand Island, off the west coast of Sweden. I was so impressed that I jumped to write a review when I saw this site.
The hotel is right on the waterfront, only steps off the ferry. Upon stepping into the room, my first impression is that it was larger than my first apartment. A 2-room suite, living room and bedroom. The living room area also contained a full kitchen and dining table. The kitchen was fully equipped with utensils, etc. Because I had a ground-floor room, it also had a sitting area outside with lounge chairs. The hotel overlooks the "gap" between the island and the mainland, which is perhaps a hundred yards. Marstrand has gorgeous North Sea scenery. Rooms looking the other way would have a view of the Carstens fortress, which dramatically tops off the island.
Everything was very clean and efficient. Large closet space would make this a comfortable place for a lengthy stay.
My only disappointment is that I was traveling on business, only here for the one night because all the hotels in Gothenburg were full. Thus I missed out really being able to enjoy the hotel and the island. I certainly plan to come back someday, and suggest you should too!

Stayed April 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marstrand
Marstrands Havshotell
#1 of 1 in Nosund
Hotel Fars Hatt
Hotel Fars Hatt
#1 of 1 in Kungalv

Been to Villa Maritime Marstrand? Share your experiences!