Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel
Agoda.com
Grant Arms Hotel(Grantown-on-Spey)
US$229
US$170
Garth Hotel & Restaurant(Grantown-on-Spey)
US$159
  • Breakfast included
The Boat Hotel(Boat of Garten)
US$140
US$120
US$182
The Mountview Hotel(Nethy Bridge)
Ben Mhor Hotel(Grantown-on-Spey)
Ravenscourt House(Grantown-on-Spey)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsred squirrelscountry housejacuzzi bathdrawing roomlogie steadingcourse dinneron arrivalfresh flowersroaring log firebeautiful hotelwithin easy reachsmall hotelfull scottishour honeymoonsitting areaother guestswould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I love romantic weekends: Country House Hotels; romantic dinners - I'm there. What this place offers over many I have stayed in is the idea that we are in the here and now. There is no shabby-chic or faded glamour about this place. It shines. It sparkles. It quite simply is wonderful. The quality of the food (which is locally sourced) is not only at the top-end of what I have experienced, the presentation also has been of a quality that will no doubt delight yourself if you are fortunate enough to experience it. I also can't fault the full ENGLISH (ducks for cover - I can't believe I said that at the time!) sorry I mean SCOTTISH breakfast and the selection of teas and home-baking. Hope to return soon.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We booked at the last minute and there was only one room available! When I phoned Elaine explained that it wasn't en suite but we had a private bathroom accross the hall.
We didn't have a choice and I can understand why this room would normally be last to let!
Having said that the setting is beautiful the hotel is so clean and the breakfast is the best ever! The service is very professional but relaxed all adding to a great stay. The room was at the front of the hotel with beautiful views -spotted red squirrels several times a roe deer was in the side garden and Ian came to point it out at breakfast time so we could have a look if we wanted.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 334Louise_C_G
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stopped here by pure chance and 'boy' are we glad we did!
Exactly what we were looking for and can rarely find nowadays.
Silver service dining , no bar, lovely lounge and very good service.
We will be back!

1  Thank izzybac
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Really hit lucky. This is a lovely hotel with very friendly and efficient staff. The hotel is everything we wanted in a country hotel. Despite only two rooms being left we have no complaints, it was a lovely room and I'm sure the better rooms are even more worthwhile, we'll book earlier if we are in that area again! The food and standard of service was excellent, probably the best steak I've had. This is one hotel I would recommend to anyone who wants good food, good service and value for money.

Room Tip: Book early to get a front view, side rooms are still very good though
1  Thank jeff f
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Whistlstop overnighter without our daughter and her friend who were staying elsewhere. I have to agree with other guests who find Ians welcome with a lovely wee sherry or whisky very pleasant and nice just to have that few minutes to take in the lovely lounges and sparkling dining room - I loved the way everything was just so - spotless, pretty and so relaxed. Only thing I may add is that the lounge is so peaceful, I felt I had to whisper but to my husband that maybe wasnt a bad thing..
We stayed in the Cromdale and loved the room and especially the bathroom as the art deco period is very much a favourite stye and its a work of art. Again so so clean.

Food was excellent - tomato and chilli soup was very nice and our choux pastry was the lightest and most delicate - found my husband scraping the plate and he is no pudding man so that is a compliment.

We left very relaxed and will return. Thank you perfect hosts!

Room Tip: Cromdale for large large room with view of tree and squirrel and the loveliest art deco bathroom I have used