My husband and I have just returned from this AMAZING hotel. We travelled the world earlier this year and have come to the conclusion that Tigh na Sgiath just cannot be beaten! It has lots of character and the warmth of the welcome is matched by the wonderful open fire. The rooms are immaculate and very comfortable, The owners are charming and the most perfect hosts offering superb service in a highly professional but natural and unobtrusive style.
The food is first class - everything is prepared to order with fresh ingredients. Home-made bread, soups, sorbet and chocolates accompany every evening meal. We have eaten in various places locally but the food just does not match the standard of Elaine's cooking. You get a good idea by looking at the sample menus on their website!
There is so much to do in the surrounding area - lots of walks for all weathers and all levels of ability. The hotel is in easy reach of the wide range of sports activities and attractions available in the Cairngorm National Park. We were spoilt for choice of things to do and will have to go back again. Even without leaving the hotel, we had a great bird and squirrel watching session, whilst sitting beside the fire. Our three night stay was over all too soon and our next visit can't come soon enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former home of the Lipton Tea Family, built in 1902, this elegant mansion is set in its own fabulous grounds in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park, ideally located for the Speyside Malt Whisky Trail. It has retained many original features and offers the highest standards of Scottish hospitality. Each bedroom is individually appointed to the highest standards. Open log fires and original wood paneling. Exquisite Afternoon Cream Teas, large selection of Malt Whiskies, Local Gins and Beers. Pet Friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tigh Na Sgiath Country Hotel
- Tigh Na Sgiath Country House Hotel Dulnain Bridge, UK - Scotland