Welcomed cheerfully on a damp day to a comfortable lounge with a dram of malt whisky to enhance our comfort. A rather small room, pleasantly furnished and with a comfortable bed. Unfortunate that the bath room, a huge room, had to be accessed across the landing. Dinner was prix-fixe and undoubtedly of a very fine quality. It seems a pity that there was no alternative on an a la carte basis. One does not always wish for a six course meal in the evening particularly as one grows older. A first class breakfast. The service of all the staff was impeccable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former home of the Lipton Tea Family, built in 1902, this elegant mansion is set in its own fabulous grounds in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park, ideally located for the Speyside Malt Whisky Trail. It has retained many original features and offers the highest standards of Scottish hospitality. Each bedroom is individually appointed to the highest standards. Open log fires and original wood paneling. Exquisite Afternoon Cream Teas, large selection of Malt Whiskies, Local Gins and Beers. Pet Friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tigh Na Sgiath Country Hotel
- Tigh Na Sgiath Country House Hotel Dulnain Bridge, UK - Scotland