My husband, daughter and I have recently returned from this amazing hotel and feel as though our batteries have been completely recharged. We have stayed at Tigh na Sgiath before and it remains our firm favourite. It is a wonderful Country House Hotel, full of character and immaculately clean. We enjoyed our pre-dinner drinks by the log fire in the evenings and, as ever, the food was exquisite - thank you Elaine for the superb 5-course dinners! We also enjoyed our leisurely breakfasts - I am afraid I strongly disagree with one of the previous reviews where they recommend background breakfast music. One reason we love this hotel is that it is blissfully tranquil, and the service is exceptional.
Things we recommend to do: (1) Visit Findhorn beach, it is glorious. It is worth stopping off at Logie Steading on the way, where there are a great nursery, an excellent second-hand bookshop, gift shops and a nice café. (2) A trip up the side of Cairngorm on the Funicular. (3) Ballindalloch Castle is charming, and worth buying a pot of their own brand honey! (4) Inshriach nursery and potting shed, where you can enjoy an amazing cake whilst watching squirrels and birds. (5) A walk around Loch an Eilein - an easy walk, suitable for all age groups.
We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Former home of the Lipton Tea Family, built in 1902, this elegant mansion is set in its own fabulous grounds in the heart of the Cairngorm National Park, ideally located for the Speyside Malt Whisky Trail. It has retained many original features and offers the highest standards of Scottish hospitality. Each bedroom is individually appointed to the highest standards. Open log fires and original wood paneling. Exquisite Afternoon Cream Teas, large selection of Malt Whiskies, Local Gins and Beers. Pet Friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tigh na Sgiath Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tigh Na Sgiath Country Hotel
- Tigh Na Sgiath Country House Hotel Dulnain Bridge, UK - Scotland