“Bar 200 Con Dao's Excellent Food”
Review of Bar200 Con Dao

Bar200 Con Dao
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Con Son
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bar200 is located in the heart of Con Dao, just near the main market place. It is the home of Con Dao Dive Center. It is a place to chill, eat, drink and watch the world go by! Breakfasts, pizza, Italian coffee, salads, beers, tourist info - and more! Restaurant is open from 10 am to 2 pm and then 5 pm to 9pm. Closed on Sunday.
Reviewed 9 September 2014

Having dived Con Dao several times over the years I always struggled to find Western food. As much as I love Vietnamese food it is basically impossible to beat the Bar 200 Con Dao 'Big Breakfast'. One of the best sausages I ever had. The menu also carry many other yummy offerings. I love it and ended up hanging out there all the time unless I was in the water to build up my appetite for my next meal.

Now back in Saigon where do I get a breakkie nearly as good as Bar 200 Con Dao's? I guess the answer is I will to fly back to Con Dao some time soon.

Cheers,
Gert

MaxSDCD, Public Relations Manager at Bar200 Con Dao, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2014

We look forward to seeing you again Gert! It took us a while to find a good sausage, glad you enjoyed it, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 9 September 2014

During the time I was on Con Dao (5 days) I was so impressed with everything provided from the staff. I was informed about all the local attractions from the friendly staff and the food was second to none. The beer was cold and the coffee was the best I could find on the Island. Great atmosphere and quality service!

MaxSDCD, Public Relations Manager at Bar200 Con Dao, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review our place, glad you enjoyed the real coffee!

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We went to this bar to find out about diving and snorkelling trip, and ended up going back for dinner and drinks a few times whilst on the island. The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming, we got loads of advice from them about what to see and do whilst on the island and they weren't particularly trying to sell their own tours, but seemed interested in helping us to have a good experience on the island generally. Their turtle tour was full and they phoned round other companies to try and get us a place with someone else, and they gave us advice on other restaurants and places to go. My friend and I went back a few times whilst there as we knew we would get a friendly welcome, a lovely place to chill out and meet like-minded travellers, thankyou so much to the staff for giving us a great time and in particular making my birthday a lovely day!

MaxSDCD, Public Relations Manager at Bar200 Con Dao, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Thank so much for your review and kind words, always happy to give tourist info and share our knowledge of the island. It was also a pleasure to have you on the boat on your birthday! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The food was great and the staff was very friendly. You really get a bang for your buck because the meal does in fact leave you full. It's a great atmosphere to hang for a while and have a cold beer.

We do aim to give a "bang for your buck", so to speak! So pleased that you enjoyed our food!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Great selection of toasted sandwiches on home made bread. I called by when they were baking and that was enough to pull me in. There's not many places, other than big hotels, that bake their own bread and finding it on Con Dao of all places in Vietnam is awesome.

They also serve a good selection of Pizza;s, Pasta, and salads all available with icy cool beer.

Highly recommended.

Thank you so much for your review - it was difficult to get good bread on the island, so we thought we would make our own! A pleasure to serve you and hope to see you again soon!