“Excellent Hotel”

The Robin Hood Inn
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I always choose to stay at the Robin Hood when visiting Portsmouth. The staff are always friendly and the service is first class. The choice at breakfast is comprehensive and tasty to eat. The kitchen have often cooked my choice of breakfast and supply as much tea and coffee as I can drink.
The evening meals are excellent and there is often a special of liver and onions, yum I never get this at home unless I cook it myself, again very tasty.
I would recommend staying here, the Hotel is set in a quiet village with two other pubs you can walk to with other friendly southerners. I am from up north and know the difference.

Room Tip: I have stayed in all of the rooms. Most have excellent showers but two only have the shower over a b...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Chris J, Owner at The Robin Hood Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you Brian for taking the trouble to write a review. We are always pleased to welcome you to The Robin Hood and hope to continue to do so.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Despite friendly service from our waitress, the 'steak burger' was undercooked, dry and a bit tasteless and served on a crusty ciabatta making it nigh on impossible to eat. Chips were soggy. For £12 I was disappointed and was expecting more.

Sad also that as we left we weren't thanked by any members of staff or the owner as they stood by the bar.

I wouldn't really recommend.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Mmcw7
Chris J, Owner at The Robin Hood Inn, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
I am really sorry you did not enjoy your lunch with us and would like to enquire further as to why. Please contact me direct on our email therobinhoodinn@hotmail.co.uk and I can discuss with you what can be done to rectify this for you. Regards Chris Johnson
Emsworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Had lunch here with a party of 8 friends. Very limited menu. Prices extortionate. Fish was soggy and appeared to have been cooked in the microwave. Chicken undercooked and was sent back three times and refused. Burger -undercooked. Never again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kenp70567

Travellers are raving about these Rowlands Castle hotels

Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

Used to look forward to a good old sunday roast it started off well even though you had to ask for vegetables, still cant understand why they dont serve Green veg, last meal was just about ok for me but the beef was thick and bloody and the pork was tough and chewy.most of the staff are great but one in particular looks like she would rather be somewhere else. I think this place will go down fast if they are not careful and very over priced. Always busy on a sunday but different faces, which says alot.shame.

• Stayed November 2013
Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

As this was my first stay alone in a hotel I arrived with some trepidation. The warm welcome I received soon put me at ease and throughout my one night stay I felt thoroughly relaxed. The accommodation was impeccably clean and very comfortable, with tea making facilities, a hairdryer and shower gels etc included.
I had dinner in the relaxing dining room. The two ladies made sure I had everything I needed and obviously had a very good working relationship with each other, which created an excellent atmosphere. The breakfast was cooked perfectly and enough to feed me for the day (even though I had a lunch party to go to on the Saturday!)
I would certainly stay there again and recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to relax and spoil themselves a little. My only regret is .......that I didn't book in for a second night!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Gateford, Notts
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Stayed for one night which was booked by my employers who are based in Havant. I am shocked to read the negative reviews on here especially the ones complaining about the level of customer service. On arrival I was greeted by an extremely polite young lady who showed me to my room which was spotlessly clean and tidy. As I had been up since 4am that morning I did not fancy sitting downstairs and asked if I could order some food and take it up to my room. Not only did they allow this but also bought the food up to me. I chose a pizza which was home made and extremely delicious and more than adequate in size, also very reasonably priced too.
After a comfortable nights sleep I ventured to breakfast which was definitely a 10 out of 10 experience with quality ingredients that definitely did not come from a supermarket.
I now know why my company use the Robin Hood on a regular basis and I look forward to my next visit there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

As the managing director of a company I demand the highest standards of sleeping when I am attending courses that keep me from doing any actually real work

this allows me to keep my tax bill down as I have spent all the profit on living like a king in fine hotels and eating top quality Scran

Rather rudely I had to actually do some work for my company on both of the 2 occasions I stayed at this fine establishment and arrived at gone 11 both nights an abustle discrace as I have been unable to sample the food

The room was spotless and comfy with more windows than I have in my house but an equal amount of thick blinds to stop any light when I felt like going for a sleepy sleepy snooze e snooze ,I never shut the blinds when I sleep but the hotel was very well lit externally so I had too but whit them down the room was dark

The whole gaff is spotless apart from a moth in my bathroom that must have snook in as the cleaner left and the pub is good and lovley place to eat even if it was only the great breakfast there is no mini bar in room but this would be a bad thing with a bar this good

Also free fast wi Fi and and i comfy bed all at a reasonable price

Ill be back I have been meaning to return to Pompey for a weekend for a long time and now I have located this place I will

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 2 in Clanfield
The Crown Inn
The Crown Inn
#1 of 2 in Bishop's Waltham

Been to The Robin Hood Inn? Share your experiences!