“Typically mass produced food for the mass market”
Review of Harvester

Harvester
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rowlands Castle, United Kingdom
“Typically mass produced food for the mass market”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Convenient, yes, quality, no. You get what you pay for and so it is value for money (not Good value for money)

• Visited April 2014

“Definitely not going back!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Having eaten in this restaurant for many years through various refurbs, the service and food experienced today was awful and prompted a complaint to be made. I had attended as a last minute arrangement with my mum and my 10 year old daughter. We waited ages for someone to come take our order and then waited another half hour for the food to arrive at our table and wished it hadnt. My mum had a rump steak which was so grissly she could not chew it. She told the waitress (a different one to the one who took the order who looked like she really didnt want to be there!) and was met with an attitude of what do you expect me to do about it? The steak was also dry and well done when it was requested to be medium and needed a chainsaw to cut through. Needless to say most of the meal was left. I had a mixed grill with black pudding which broke to pieces when touched, dry chicken breast and a hard yolk egg! The steak was marginally better than my mum had experienced but still was not as I would have expected. There were no white bread rolls, no plates for the bread rolls and no margarine, only butter. There wasnt too many people in the restaurant therefore would have expected better levels of service and food. When we asked for the bill, the waitress could see that one plate was still practically full and when we advised about the issues she just said ok Ill get the bill. No offer of a refund or alternative at all. A complete waste of £50!! Something really needs to be done about this restaurant. It goes even further downhill with each refurb!! Having been going here since 1998 its got worse each time we go. Would not be going again!

• Visited April 2014
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Went here with my 13 daughter early evening - don't think I will go back! Dirty bowls, dirty knives and forks, the table was sticky and the carpet could do with a good clean.
Had the £9.99 meal, the ribs were uncooked and fatty plus more like a 3rd of ribs than half. The cooks were cold and tasted like them had been twice cooked. The salad cart was messy and needed topping up. The service was slow and plates remained on the table for 30 mins ( to be fair they were busy).
The table next to us complained that their fish was full of bones and they couldn't eat it - they were told that they wouldn't be charged. The only thing worth eating was the ice cream as even the coke was really watered down.
I have been to a few harvesters before and the are ok but this was really disappointing

Visited April 2014
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Awful.”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Have been to this harvester a few times, but it seems to get worse and worse every time we go. On more than one occasion we have been rushed to our seats by the manager, at which points he asks us what we would like to drink - but never brings them. This means that we have to try and get the attention of the uninterested waiting staff to try and bring our drinks to us. On two occasions now we have had our drinks arrive AFTER our food.

Last time we visited this restaurant, my other half ordered a burger and i had chicken. We also ordered some garlic bread on the side. The waitress was bringing over our food and as she was walking towards us I could see that she was not able to carry it all. My partner walked towards her to offer to help but as she passed him one of the plates, the top of the burger fell on the floor and the garlic bread went under somebody elses table! how embarassing. The waitress was extremely apologetic, however this meant that I had already finished my meal by the time my partners meal arrived and the new garlic bread.

The food was stale, cold, tasteless, the staff are uniterested. I won't be visiting here again anytime soon.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sophie P
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“One Of The Best”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We are regular Harvester visitors and this establishment is one of the best.
Being a little on the old fashioned side, I'm impressed that I'm addressed as 'Sir' at the door and you don't have a bouncy youngster at the table, addressing us all as 'Guys'.
Even when at their busiest, the food is always hot and well presented. The manager should take some credit for correctly trained waiting staff as well, they never seem at all daunted when rushed of their feet.

If you work under the premise of 'Its a Harvester', you shouldn't be disappointed.