“39 years.... 39steps”

Price range: US$11 - US$36
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: 39 Steps Restaurant is a modern British restaurant serving the best of locally sourced produce with an extensive wine list to suit every palate
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Just got back from the most loverly meal at the 39 steps in Styal to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Food was lush, piping hot and just the right amount. The waiter suggested the wine to go with our meal and it was perfect. We just took our time and didn't feel rushed at all. Coffeemand petit fours to round off the meal! Just right.. The staff were entertaining and professional. We will back very soon. Thanks for a loverly evening xx

There are newer reviews for 39 Steps Restaurant

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Was back at 39 Steps last night for another wonderful meal, as always the food, choice, presentation and taste was wonderful, perfect choice of wines and the Meursault 1st Cru is amazing :-)
Staff and hosting is 100% and your always guaranteed fun and jokes with the waiter.
Overall this is one of my favourite restaurants in the North West.
If you like your Sunday lunch this is also definitely worth a visit, again one of our favourites
I am also now becoming a lover of their new sister restaurant in Prestbury called Bacchus
Will be back at both 39 Steps & Bacchus soon

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I've been to 39 steps twice now this month. The first time was after a recommendation by a company I work for who take clients there for lunch.

I took two clients there for lunch and it was outstanding. The level of service was fantastic, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was sublime. On both occasions I've had the pea soup with a ham hock dumping to start as it was delicious.

The selection of wine is outstanding and always decanted which I very much appreciate. It's the small attention to detail like this that really makes the restaurant stand apart from others in the area.

I returned here with my partner for an evening meal on a Saturday and we both had a wonderful evening.

Again the service was excellent and friendly. Juan and Jason who waited our table were really friendly and helped make our evening special.

My partner had sliced duck with a haggis and sweet potato rosti, with a red wine and cherry reduction which was out of this world! I opted for the lamb which was perfectly cooked paired with an excellent and well priced bottle of St. Emillion.

The desserts were out of this world, my partner had an excellent chocolate orange tart with baileys ice cream and I finished the wine with a selection of British cheeses which were of superb quality.

It's the perfect setting for an intimate meal, its country side location adds to the warmth and seclusion on the place and it is made special by a superb team of staff who look after you to the highest standard. It was especially nice to see that Juan remembered the name of the client I had brought the previous week, which is really good if you are returning with more customers.

What a fabulous place!

1  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Was inviteded out of the blue to have lunch at the 39 steps by friends who had dined there before & where all blown away by the quality of the food & the level of service on offer.Am normally sceptical about such rave reviews but this place is an absolute gem,food fab & the staff could not have been more attentive.
If you find yourself within 10 miles of this eatery go go go.You are in for a culinery treat of epic proportions.,

Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Just had a really enjoyable evening here. Had the set menu which is £18 for three courses which was an absolute bargain since not only was the food superb but you also get canapés, petit fours and coffee included. Its quite a small restaurant and feels very relaxed: we certainly felt very comfortable here and had a good chat with the friendly staff. Goats cheese starter was excellent and my steak was very good too. My wife loved it. To be honest I was expecting to pay a lot more given the quality so yep, we'll certainly be returning.

2  Thank GGMagoo12