“Excellent”

Price range: US$11 - US$37
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: 39 Steps Restaurant is a modern British restaurant serving the best of locally sourced produce with an extensive wine list to suit every palate
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant on numerous occasions, the standard of food and service never disappoints, a consistently high standard of food and friendly attentive service. The lunch time menu is excellent value three superb courses for £19.95 including coffee !

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This is one of our favourie restaurants. We go every few months and have done so for several years. The food quality and service are always first class. All staff are very attentive and Juan's sense of humour always makes us smile. Well done 39 steps. Last night's valentine meal was as good as ever. Mr Meredith.

Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The worst meal I have ever been given. I would never visit this restaurant again. After our table being given 3 in edible mains, we were still charged for our starters & drinks.

2  Thank Hongkongsuey
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

It was our first time at 39 Steps and we were not disappointed, the food was amazing. The scallops were to die for and the venison was so perfectly cooked. We cannot compliment the chef highly enough, what a great menu. After reading the reviews on here we are looking forward to trying the Sunday menu at our earliest convenience.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We went here today for Sunday lunch and was our first time at the 39 Steps previously having eaten at their sister restaurant, Bacchus in Prestbury.

Upon our arrival we were greeted in a very friendly manner and shown to a lovely table. Was asked if we wanted pre lunch drinks and I had one of the best Kir Royales. The sunday lunch menu was good and great value. I had pan fried pidgeon and it was cooked beautifully and melted, my mains was the charolais beef and it was cooked pink as I asked and was perhaps the best beef I have tasted in a long time. My husband's lamb was again cooked to perfection.

Throughout our lunch the service was professional and very attentive. Although the restaurant was not busy when we arrived at 1.30pm it did pick up a bit later.

We cannot wait to go back in 2 weeks and we shall certainly be trying it one Saturday evening.