“Good value for money”

StayAt Serviced Apartments Kista
Landskrona
“Good value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend here in connection with a sports convention at Kistamässan, located 12 min walk away from the hotel, in mid-November 2012.

The rooms are good with regard to value for money. The beds comfy and plenty of lamps. Two pillows each, which I appreciate. Small kitchenette for home-cooking option if you are on a tight budget. Wardrobe and storage fine and a nice big bathroom, no tub but an ok shower. I even think I saw a iron / iron board. And a blow dryer.

The hotel is located opposite the metro station "KISTA", do not take the exit that goes into the shopping mall, but rather choose the other stairs to the road beneath, when arriving from T-Centralen this would be on your left hand side! You will save yourself a stressful walk at the mall dragging your bag(s) amongst thousands of shoppers The hotel entrance is literally only 1 min walk from the platform. Red and white sign with name, just take a minute and look around!

If you are the kind of person that like to hang around in the hotel lobby, mingling and meeting other people this hotel is not for you! There isn't even a breakfast lounge, as breakfast is served in the diner "Levinsky's" inside the mall. As the diner opens at 8 AM, there is no possibility to get an early start on the day. To us this was very bad as we had to wait in line more than 20 minutes to get our breakfast - /this was a huge sports convention with thousands of participants/. Nobody's fault really, the onslaught of hundred of hungry sports freak in a couple of minutes cannot be coped by anyone. Still it is a hazzle to take the elevators and all the plastic card things so many times and then have to wait in line for a rather sparse breakfast. It wasn't bad, just rather bland. The second day we actually skipped breakfast.

If the hotel had had breakfast facilities INSIDE the hotel and the lift had been a bit quicker I might have given the hotel a higher classification as the rooms are good and mostly that is what is most important to me.

Room Tip: I feel that all the rooms are the same, but rather the higher you get the better the view.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NillaJ
Christian P, General Manager at StayAt Serviced Apartments Kista, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear NillaJ,

Thank you very much for your comments and review of StayAt Stockholm Kista.
I hope you had a great weekend at the convention and that you are filled with sports inspiration.
As you mention the Hotel is very conveniently located just next to the station and I hope that you did not take the detour around the shopping mall.
Unfortunately we have limited public areas but we do try and make the most from our existing areas with comfy furniture, music, candles, complimentary tea/coffee, cookies and fresh fruits.

Our experience is that our guests like to sleep in over the weekend and therefore we do open the breakfast a little later on Saturdays and Sundays. This is something we might have to look into and perhaps change when there is a large convention or congress taking place over these periods. Thank you for that feed back!

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you and your husband back to StayAt Hotel Kista sometime soon!

Christian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Shropshire, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012 via mobile

Joined my husband for a week whilst he is working in Kista. He has been there now for over two months. The one bedroomed apartment is a good size. Basic cooking utensils etc but enough to get by. One massive plus is the speed of the wireless Internet, which is by far the very best I've ever had in any hotel. I personally also like the fact that the apartment is only serviced once a week......but I would like to be able to get replacement towels more easily. They were replaced but I had to take them to reception and was told next time I would have to pay a fee!!
The bathroom is in need of a refurbishment as the tiles in the shower floor have lifted, reported but nothing done! As I was warned i took flipflops with me to stand in! The plus side is that the shower is powerful.
Don't be 'put off' by the ugly stairwells because the rooms are much better!
You have to book a slot for the washing machine room, which is for two hours.
I wasn't kept awake by any outside noise and the air-con wasn't too bad.

There are enough positives to definitely out weigh the negatives. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It is much better than the alternative hotels in Kista.

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Christian P, General Manager at StayAt Serviced Apartments Kista, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Thank you very much for your comments!
We are very happy to hear that you think so highly of us even if you were unfortunate to get a bathroom with bad tiles. This is something that is under renovation in all our rooms at the moment but it does that a little time. I am guessing you have left but if your husband wishes to change rooms please let me know and we will organize it.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel with a fully renovated bathroom!

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

I initially chose Stayat because of its proximity to the office I was visiting. I arrived to a warm welcome and checked in much earlier than would be usual (I'd forgotten to inform the hotel about my early arrival time). Then I was in for a very pleasant surprise.I'd booked a one-bedroom apartment which was on the 13th floor, and I found it much more spacious than I'd imagined it to be. I'd prefer a single double bed to the twin bed setup but it was comfortable anyway.

My first stop was downstairs at the Kista Galleria food court. There's a good variety of restaurants which makes Stayat very convenient. I got some takeout then had a nap, and some more takeout later as I was still too tired to cook.

The kitchenette was fully equipped, including washing-up liquid. The electric cooker has a timer to turn it off after a preset - max 1 hour - which is great for people like myself who tend to leave it on when in a hurry. I got everything I needed to cook at the supermarket downstairs. For me this was the highlight - I get tired of eating out every evening.

The location is another bonus - right outside the subway and bus station.

The staff were great. When I showed my apartment to a colleague staying at another hotel he promptly moved; the staff noted this and gave us a little hamper with snacks and movie tickets.

I can't comment about breakfast as I never got to take it, preferring to sleep a bit longer since we get sandwiches at the office anyway.

I didn't mind the fact that cleaning's only done once a week unless you place a request; at least I was aware of it. I'd recommend this to anyone who's going to Kista, even Stockholm, especially for extended stays. The convenience of a mall, food court, supermarket and subway/bus station right outside is great.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Steve M
Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your review of StayAt Hotel in Kista!
I especially appreciate your kind words on our staff at the hotel, they are our most valuable asset.
Please do let us know the next time you visit us so we can make sure to arrange a queen bed for you instead of the twin beds you had this time.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

This one is surely nice play to stay if you are staying for long number of days. If its less than a week i will recommend places like Mr Chip, Scandic etc.
StayAt has good kitchen, best location (just above galleria), good connectivity to Metro & bus service, nice view from the odd number rooms and above all its affordable.
Cons:
Room cleaning is once a week which can be annoying sometimes.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms have good view.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ChiragDua
Christian P, General Manager at StayAt Serviced Apartments Kista, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Thank you very much for your comments and review of StayAt Hotel Kista.
We are very happy to hear your possitive comments and specially the comments on staying over a longer period. And since we also have the other great features you mentioned I hope we can attract the traveler who is looking to stay for a shorter time period as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back to StayAt Hotel Kista!
Aarhus, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I've been staying at StayAt Stockholm Kista a few times now and it's just fine considering it's relatively competitive price (~€130/night). The rooms are large and a full kitchen with facilities is installed in all the rooms. The hotel is part of the Kista Galleria shoppingmall, so you have very easy access to shops and restaurants just downstairs. Everything is open to at least 21 o'clock in the night. Breakfast is served in a restaurant in the mall from early in the morning and is as expected from a swedish budget hotel; that is: simple with bread, boiled eggs, cheese, marmelade, yoghurt and the usual to drink.

Metro station is just in front of the hotel entrance, so even though Kista is quite far from Stockholm centrum, you can reach it by ~25 minutes using the train. Kista is the "silicon valley area of Stockholm", so if you are here on business for one of the technology companies, I believe this hotel is just great on it's location.

There was no particular noise to be heard in my room, quite good isolation.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you very much for writing a review about the StayAt Hotel Kista. We are definately happy to hear that you are a repeat customers, somthing that we take great pride in having quite a lot of.
The large rooms and the full kitchen facilities are two of the focus areas at the hotel so we are delighted that you point this out.

We look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the future!
Merritt Island, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

This hotel offers spacious rooms and a nice kitchenette. The location is great - connected to the Kista Galleria Mall and across the street from the Metro station. The reception area offers free Wi-Fi and the receptionists were always helpful. Room-cleaning is done on a weekly basis and you are responsible for cleaning and items used in the kitchen.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at StayAt Serviced Apartments Kista, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Thank you for your comments on StayAt Hotel Apartments Kista. Our Front Office staff were very happy to hear that you appreciated their helpfulness. I can also inform you that for your next stay with us we now offer Complimentary WiFi in all our rooms as well as the lobby area.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

This surely has to be the best stay option in Kista. Self sufficient clean rooms with a fully equipped kitchen. This hotel is in the same building as the Kista Galleria Mall and right next door to the Kista Metro station and bus stand. A very conveniently located hotel.
The only downside is that the room cleaning is done once a week.
Had a very satisfactory stay and would recommend it to any traveler to Kista.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kista
Scandic Kista
#4 of 5 in Kista
Welcome Hotel
Welcome Hotel
#2 of 2 in Jarfalla

Been to StayAt Serviced Apartments Kista? Share your experiences!