“Comfortable stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boumalne Dades
Hotel du Vieux Chateau du Dades
Ranked #22 of 41 Boumalne Dades B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Managed to get the rooms on the terrace and fortunately didn't experience anything mentioned by other reviewers. The views were nice and the rooms were clean and comfy.
Night time was a little cold, but nothing an extra blanket couldn't solve.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel du Vieux Chateau du Dades

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed here for a night because of Sahara Expedition....It was terrible....

<ROOM>
Totally old school and no equipment....Terrible....very cold......some room no heater....I was assign in basement room but it looked terrible...so asked them to change to 2nd floor....All floor in shower room was wet....Wow...terrible....and bed disgusting.....move to 2nd floor, it was the same....they use gas stove for 2nd floor, did not want to die so before I sleep I took it out from my room. Next day everybody did it. No WIFI in room. Bed has bed bag....did not even want to sleep....could not sleep well...some room no towels...I asked for it...but it was disgusting....

<Dining>
It was alright compare to other restaurants.....but simple...well again...it was included it in tour.

Overall...it was super disgusting..sleeping in dessert felt much cleaner.....SERIOUSLY stay away!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as part of a Sahara tour, otherwise we wouldn't have stayed here. Our room was 2 twins on the basement level and it was absolutely freezing, even with 2 blankets each, we still slept fully clothed. The bathroom had hot water which was a surprise, but no towels or toiletries. Free wifi in the lobby. Breakfast was a basic buffet but there was plenty of food. Our room had no view but I'm sure higher rooms would have a beautiful view of the gorge.

Room Tip: Get a room above ground with a view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

thanks for all service and great momonts that we had in this auberge of le vieux chateau dades we realy enjoye it !! it was very nice place that we visit in south of morocco in our trip
our room iths realy realy good one shower ...air condition fist they showing us a simple room with sheap price 150 dh per person but we prefer room with balcon nice vew with this price 250 DH para cada persona ....delecieus dener barber cascous !! mmhhh with sweet vegetables like : courgette.green beans.. turnip. pumpkin...hasta pronto

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Nice grounds with lovely pool area . Rooms fairly basic but spotlessly clean. Not keen on the bathroom which had only half height wall & no door. Dinner served in nice patio area. Owner very friendly & helpful.Good location to get to the gorges. Enjoyable 2 night stay in peaceful get away from it all place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed here as part of a Sahara excursion, it was ok for a night. Not very comfortable but clean and everything worked as it should. Great views of the valley the obvious plus. Breakfast wasn't up to much good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrkckny
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I trapped a bug that was crawling on my face -- turns out it was a bed bug! When I showed the specimen to the hotel staff, they tried to convince me that it was a mosquito that had come in through the window (and the windows at this place have screens).

I was told that I would be alerted when the owner came in that morning, but later when he hadn't showed, I was told that he wouldn't be coming in because he was celebrating Ramadan with his family. I respect his right to celebrate, but the staff didn't need to lie to my face. I tried to explain to the staff how serious bed bugs are, but the only thing they agreed to do was close the room for a few days -- this will not eliminate bed bugs, as they can live more than a year without a meal. I would not stay at this place, but if you find yourself there, don't stay in room 18.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends