Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Super afternoon out for all ages

We've had an absolutely amazing time on the festive cruise this afternoon. Ellie was amazing very... read more

Reviewed 9 December 2023
Hayley B
Great afternoon experience

What a great way to spend an afternoon. We went for Sunday Lunch and were not disappointed in any... read more

Reviewed 27 September 2023
Lisa L

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews afternoon tea sandwiches hour cruise relaxing cruise lovely food mash spend an afternoon special birthday pie lovely sunday lunch cream tea beef food and drinks my sister all ages barge boat
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2021 via mobile

A very wet day, but that didn’t matter. The crew were very helpful with wonderful service on the barge, nothing was too much trouble. Nicely presented tea especially with a G and T! Nice 2 hour trip

Date of experience: June 2021
Reviewed 8 November 2020

Went for Sunday lunch with my wife Glenys in late October which was kindly bought for us by our lovely daughter Jennifer. It was a lovely way to spend a relaxed Sunday afternoon. The food was lovely especially considering it wasn't made on the barge, but bought already prepared to it. I was particularly impressed with the beef. I asked our server if it was locally sourced ( acting like a true greenie ) and she yes it's from TESCO's. Well, at least it was the local TESCO. Don't know what was in the sauce they put on it but it really added to a pleasant slice of beef. Everything was well organised and the service was excellent.Only one small complaint-the loo smelt awful.I have been in a few smelly loos in my time but this was one of the smelliest.Fortunately I didn't go to near the end of the journey.Oh and they couldn't print a receipt when we paid the bill.Didn't worry me but must have been very frustrating if you were on expenses! All round it was a very pleasant experience which I highly recommend.

Date of experience: October 2020
Reviewed 20 September 2020 via mobile

Me and my partner had a wonderful experience today on the barge with the afternoon tea for two. The staff were all friendly and the food was fantastic. I will definately be returning in the future to try more of what's on offer and recommending to friends!

Date of experience: September 2020
2  Thank LivvLuxurious
Reviewed 9 September 2020

Back at the start of August I hired a canal boat (private hire) for 16 guests for a surprise 30th Birthday party. From the very beginning contacts/staff at Georgie's Canal Cruises were super helpful, catering to all of our needs.

The canal boat was beautifully decorated, clean and spacious. The afternoon tea was of a very high quality. Clean, expertly prepared and delicious.

Everyone really enjoyed the afternoon tea and canal cruise and some of the guests are even going to book the boat again for relative's birthdays and similar events.

I would highly recommend booking with Georgie's Canal Cruises whether you are going out with your mum/nan for afternoon tea or planning a baby shower/birthday/retirement etc. Very friendly staff and overall a wonderful afternoon.

Thank you once again for making it so special!

I will be returning very soon hopefully :)

Date of experience: August 2020
Reviewed 10 August 2020

This was my first outing after the coronavirus lockdown and I was a little nervous . There was no need! The boat was sparkling clean and the staff sanitised regularly . I felt completely safe .

The food was excellent and the staff could not do enough to make the trip a pleasure .

I would highly recommend this company . I actually had a travelzoo voucher that could not be used because of lockdown which they honoured . Very honest and straightforward company that believes in customer service . They deserve a great future and I am so pleased to see them thriving .

Date of experience: August 2020