“Fantastic bed and breakfast”

Lower Drayton Farm B&B
Ranked #3 of 4 Penkridge B&B and Inns
Keith, United Kingdom
“Fantastic bed and breakfast”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I just came off the motorway and this was the first b and b I saw, I only wanted a single room but got a converted steading two bedrooms a kitchen and a lovely bathroom, all very clean and well presented. The breakfast was excellent with porridge and the full english in a lovely dinning room.
Vall was very nice and friendly too. Would definately recomend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I am often travelling in the region for business and I finally found the perfect place to stay.
This is "only" the 2nd time I am staying at this B&B, but I will only return here for my future trips - it's a 5 stars to me.

The room I have been staying in is absolutely fantastic - very clean, very cosy, very big as well and decorated with lots of taste. It is perfect for a romantic week-end, but I personally enjoy it as much travelling solo for business. It's a really relaxing and cosy place to stay after a hard day at work. A special thanks as well for the massive beautiful bathroom. It is really a 5 star place.
A big plus that I have not seen in many other places is everything you can find in the room, which is really convenient: a heater, a fan, a TV, a hairdryer, bottles of water, tea/coffee/milk with lovely tea cups, a nice book to read, an iron + iron board and lots of hangers! The bathroom also has everything you'd need for a beauty session, so you do not have to take anything with you if you are staying there. Wifi is available and working well.

The breakfast is served in the beautiful dining room. Absolutely beautiful plates & cutlery, fresh food from the farm. Basically, you can get everything you'd like to eat - just ask Val. I eat gluten-free and bring some gluten-free bread - no problem for Val to handle that little constraint as well.

Finally, I'd like to highlight the kindness of the owners. Both are absolutely sweet, always smiling, joking and trying to help you out. The first time I stayed there, I did not have any car and had no idea where to go for dinner. Well, Val just took me in her car and dropped me at a very nice restaurant (Littleton Arms that I also recommend).

On the minus side (I do not mind at all, but that might be good to know):
1) This is a farm, so you have some farm noises. Cows, for example. Less romantic is the roaster starting singing at 5am in the morning (don't forget the earplugs and you'll be fine)
2) You have to have a car, as the farm is a little bit isolated from Penkridge (but the first time I stayed there I did not have any and still managed with Val / taxis, so that is ok as well)
3) No possibility to have dinner, you'll have to eat in Penkridge (again, recommending Littleton Arms)

I definitely recommend that place to anyone looking for an accomodation in the region!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Xenia R
Evesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Arrived on a lovely working farm just on the outskirts of Stafford, the farmhouse looked impressive from outside and just as impressive inside - gorgeous, farmhouse decor throughout. Had a huge room overlooking fields of cows, horses and emus! The bathroom was seperate but on our own private corridor which was huge and well decorated too.
Val was so accommodating, we had to leave early so she made us 2 delicious bacon sarnies to go. We honestly wish we could've had time to explore the beautiful surrounding countryside.

• Stayed July 2013
Burntwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013 via mobile

I booked this B&B as a suprise for our anniversary. Its a great working farm with cows, pigs, donkeys, horses, emu's, lama's and of course ducks and chickens. The room was very spacious with a large en suite that had a shower and bath. Both very clean and welcoming. Great english breakfast in a dinning room thats unlike any other we have stayed in and was one of the nicest. Val and ray were very friendly and helpful. Great location not to far from penkridge or the M6. Overall we couldnt falt it in anyway. Well recomended.

• Stayed June 2013
Reading
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Situated just off the M6 (Junction 13). A real working farm with B&B attached. Very relaxing. Huge traditional farmhouse room with great facilities. I had a separate bathroom but wasn't shared with anyone.

Val and Ray were very kind hosts and the breakfast was nice.

This place is a working farm so if you don't mind a huge variety of animals wandering round then this place is for you. Nearest pubs a short drive away (5 mins).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Lower Drayton Farm will be remembered for a long time! Our two children loved it. They fell in love with the friendly farm dogs, who were all incredibly gentle and well mannered, a real testament to the whole atmosphere and environment of the farm. Val, Ray and her team were all very welcoming without being intrusive or over bearing. Really can't recommend enough for families with children that are an age able to appreciate the interaction with the animals. We stayed during the Easter holidays when the farm is open to the public. This meant we were able to take advantage of the farms activities for children; pony rides, feeding lambs, tractor and trailer rides, assault course with zip wire and an Easter egg hunt. The accommodation was separate to the public area and perfect for us. Lovely kitchen area with all equipment necessary to cook, with added bonus of the helpful microwave! The option of a cooked breakfast in the main guest house was available as an extra. Living area was ample and comfortable. Bedrooms were a good size, with good quality bedding and comfy beds. Power shower in wet room was excellent. Drayton Manor theme park was 30 minutes away and well worth a visit, great offers when booked on line in advance. Best theme park we've visited. There were pubs to eat out and take aways in Penkridge if you prefer not to cook. We pre ordered food on line and collected from local supermarket before checking in to accommodation. Huge thanks to Val, Ray and the team from our children and us for making it a holiday to remember.

• Stayed April 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Easy to find with good signposting. I received a friendly welcome. My "room" turned out to be a lounge/dining/kitchen area, two bedrooms and wet room (clearly a former separate flat). Excellent facilities, very clean, nice shower, and an excellent recommendation for dinner at the Littleton Arms in Penkridge. I had a really good nights sleep in a very comfortable bed. The breakfast was excellent and served in a delightful dining room. Well recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penkridge
Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel
Roman Way Hotel
Roman Way Hotel
#2 of 2 in Hatherton

Been to Lower Drayton Farm B&B? Share your experiences!