“A quaint farmhouse offering a warm welcome situated in a quiet yet convienent location from the M6 and local village.”

Lower Drayton Farm B&B
Ranked #2 of 4 Penkridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stopped here overnight to break up a long journey. The warm welcome and hot cup of coffee with the owner was a welcome relief from the many miles. Set within a working farm, the farmhouse B&B has a lot of character and is set within quiet countryside surroundings yet ideally located close to the jct 13 of the M6. A variety of animals and things to do that would be great fun for kids.

• Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed at this B&B for one night whilst in Stafford on my own visiting the Championship Dog Show based in the County Showground nearby.

When first arriving I was a little confused as there were a few houses/buildings of which had no sign stating which was infact the B&B, so after wandering around looking for a hint for a few minutes, I finally knocked on what happened to be the right door to the B&B.

Inside, the B&B is cosy and warm, the owner was very friendly and the room was comfortable, tasteful and cosy also. The en-suite bathroom was immaculate and nicely decorated.

During the night the location is extremely quiet and without street lights allowing a very peaceful and comfortable sleep.

You could have breakfast pretty much anytime you wanted so I opted for 9am.
On arrival to the breakfast room, I had to hang around for a few moments until the owner came in from the other room and realised I was there. I was asked if I'd like a full english, and as she seemed a little flustered I didn't want to ask if there were any other options so just said yes.

When the breakfast and the coffee did arrive it was enjoyable, my only tiny gripe was that next door to the breakfast room the owners grandchildren seemed to be watching some childrens programmes of which the volume was very loud, so when I was sitting alone in the breakfast room trying to enjoy my breakfast and coffee, the noise filtrated clearly through the open door and this was all I could hear.

Overall a nice and comfortable stay, however if returning to Stafford in the future, would try a different B&B.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank JoccoaaTGray
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

A very nice B and B just off the m6 very easy to get to.
Nice views from each bedroom.
Very quiet at night, early morning just a few animal noises.
Breakfast is always freshly cooked and good produce.
Both owners are always very friendly, spending time chatting if you want to or giving you peace and quiet if you want it.
The tea and coffee trays in the rooms are always well stocked. Each room has a little fridge for your fresh milk.
It is a really nice place for children

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had a great time staying here
Fantastic room fantastic breakfast fantastic people
got to feed llamas & donkeys
thanks again for what you did for us Carole & john walsall west mids
19th oct to 20th 2013

Room Tip: our room was excellent
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Booked and paid by card through their own website and on arrival, no rooms available.
No help in suggesting alternative accommodation, and my mobile phone dead. Lone female and 7pm at night..Thanks!
You can see why Premiere Inn's are so successful - reliability and service guarnteed, will always be my first choice when travelling alone from now on.

Room Tip: Make sure you phone and book, unreliable otherwise
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank LilyWestMidlands
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I just came off the motorway and this was the first b and b I saw, I only wanted a single room but got a converted steading two bedrooms a kitchen and a lovely bathroom, all very clean and well presented. The breakfast was excellent with porridge and the full english in a lovely dinning room.
Vall was very nice and friendly too. Would definately recomend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I am often travelling in the region for business and I finally found the perfect place to stay.
This is "only" the 2nd time I am staying at this B&B, but I will only return here for my future trips - it's a 5 stars to me.

The room I have been staying in is absolutely fantastic - very clean, very cosy, very big as well and decorated with lots of taste. It is perfect for a romantic week-end, but I personally enjoy it as much travelling solo for business. It's a really relaxing and cosy place to stay after a hard day at work. A special thanks as well for the massive beautiful bathroom. It is really a 5 star place.
A big plus that I have not seen in many other places is everything you can find in the room, which is really convenient: a heater, a fan, a TV, a hairdryer, bottles of water, tea/coffee/milk with lovely tea cups, a nice book to read, an iron + iron board and lots of hangers! The bathroom also has everything you'd need for a beauty session, so you do not have to take anything with you if you are staying there. Wifi is available and working well.

The breakfast is served in the beautiful dining room. Absolutely beautiful plates & cutlery, fresh food from the farm. Basically, you can get everything you'd like to eat - just ask Val. I eat gluten-free and bring some gluten-free bread - no problem for Val to handle that little constraint as well.

Finally, I'd like to highlight the kindness of the owners. Both are absolutely sweet, always smiling, joking and trying to help you out. The first time I stayed there, I did not have any car and had no idea where to go for dinner. Well, Val just took me in her car and dropped me at a very nice restaurant (Littleton Arms that I also recommend).

On the minus side (I do not mind at all, but that might be good to know):
1) This is a farm, so you have some farm noises. Cows, for example. Less romantic is the roaster starting singing at 5am in the morning (don't forget the earplugs and you'll be fine)
2) You have to have a car, as the farm is a little bit isolated from Penkridge (but the first time I stayed there I did not have any and still managed with Val / taxis, so that is ok as well)
3) No possibility to have dinner, you'll have to eat in Penkridge (again, recommending Littleton Arms)

I definitely recommend that place to anyone looking for an accomodation in the region!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business