“Worst expeirence of my life”

The Bridgehouse Hotel
The Bridgehouse Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Penkridge B&B and Inns
“Worst expeirence of my life”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I went here with my mum, sister, and my 2 nephews, the staff were very rude, the tables and glasses were dirty, everybody in there were moaning about the babies making a bit of noise and starring at us the whole time. When we went to pay at the bar, the woman behinde the bar talked down to us asking us why we were there, we then told her we were waiting to pay and that we wanted to pay seperatly, she then ignored us and then told us rudely that she had to put all the sale through together. Not helpful at all, its meant to be a child friendly restuarant and it was nowhere near friendly. I would not recommend and would never go back there even if someone paid me. Worst place ive eaten out. We were paying customers like everyone else and shouldnt of been treated that way.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank jackie586

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We went to the Bridge house on a Thursday afternoon just for a meal 10 in total 4 adults 6 children and enjoyed a very good meal .Home made chips (not frozen ) and very reasonably
priced .The staff were polite and attentive .
A very clean and modern restaurant .
A good car park ,some outside tables.
And on the other side of the road to the hotel Penkridge market is held every Wednesday and Saturday plus a car boot sale on bank holidays

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank eric d
Cannock
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I visited The Bridgehouse Hotel for the first time just over a week ago with my mom who has been there numerous times before. First impressions were clean modern restaurant, very polite, professional and friendly staff and the food was clearly fresh, good quality produce, I should imagine a local supplier. As soon as I got home I recommended to my husband as a place for us to go for lunch together on our next day off. Today was that day. My husbands comments "couldn't fault it. Its been years since I have had a good quality "local" pub meal with real home cooked food at such reasonable prices" . Hubby had the beef and ale casserole with homemade chips for just £6.25. I had the 8oz rump steak with homemade chips and peas or salad at £8.75 and huge chunky onion rings for just £2.50. Beautiful meal again. Im really tempted to go back a third time and try the evening menu. Quite a local gem this place and such friendly staff. Very relaxed atmosphere. Keep up the good work :-) xx

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sarah B
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Just had a Sunday roast at the BridgeHouse. It was delicious and all freshly made. The beef was soft and succulent. Plenty of food and a large variety of vegetables. Staff very very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Ashish S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The poor marking is fair for our overnight B&B stay - but see below as it should improve.
On the plus side, the hotel is easy to find, has a good car park, our evening welcome was friendly (both the duty person and the attractive basket of towels in the room) and so were the morning staff and manager.
The room (in the older part of the hotel) was a curious long and thin one, with a rather small TV (especially if at the far end) and a snug bathroom. I do not think it is a typical for this hotel. The bed was comfy.
On the down side, it had not been properly cleaned or maintained - someone had apparently done some work in the shower as there were very clear dirty shoeprints in it; I found quite a bit of dust and a few bits of paper etc between my bed and the nearby side table, and under the latter; the cold tap needed a good crank to turn it off properly. These are all No-Noes, and there were other more minor things e.g. light pull not there, other than a knot.
The breakfast was OK but no better than that, partly as some of my Full English had clearly been sitting there for longer than desirable and the sausages were not very good quality. The variety was also less than at manycomparative places and the waitress was friendly but not very alert e.g. to refilling coffee cups.
In fairness, the manager listened to the couple of points I mentioned when we left (I did not have time for all of them!) and responded correctly and very positively, being aware that staff training needed improving (e.g. we had originally been incorrectly told there was no availability when we phoned but booked via the internet).
Given its convenience and the manager's attitude, I have not been overly harsh as I suspect our stay was not quite representative. But there is a way to go to bring this up to budget hotel standards (e.g. it cost nearly double what we spent at a recent Leeds Premier Inn) and/or decent B&B cosiness and quality.

Room Tip: Ask about the shape, size and age of the room. And, if street noise bothers you, if it is by the ma...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peter G

Travellers are raving about these Penkridge hotels

Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Used to go here quite a bit up until a few months ago but work commitments took its toll. My better half and I called back in on a nice summer Wednesday night and sat outside with our pooch. Straight away a waiter asked if we wanted a bowl of water for the dog! Brilliant eh? We ordered our food and drinks and sat in the lovely beer garden. We ordered the platter to share for 2 as our starter. Mistake! That was more than enough for a main! It was gorgeous. Battered mushrooms, battered chicken, garlic bread, nice salad and two large dips. We were stuffed before the mains arrived! I had the chicken curry and the missus had the scampi with handmade chips. Both were beautiful and piping hot. A really, really nice meal for two and all that for under £25. The staff are very friendly and the inside of the place is as clean as the outside. I won't be leaving the gap in visiting this fine eatery so long next time!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lurch45
Staffs
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Went here for 3 Course Dinner for someones Birthday. I had the pate there was some chutney it was very very sweet don't know if it was home made it was awful, The homemade chicken liver pate was not that good either. I had the homemade steak & ale pie the pasty was very hard the steak was okay but there was a lot of gristle in the pie I had to keep taking the gristle out of my month Yuk Yuk Yuk. if there wasn't so much gristle and the pasty was not so hard it would have been a lot better then what it was. Vegetables were okay think they could have been from frozen. I had the homemade vanilla & raspberry brulee Don't know where the raspberry was in the brulee homemade ice cream was put on top of the brulee with a strawberry on top. I'm thinking about the Homemade i'm not sure it is.service was not its greatest. most of the people with me didn't like the food either... Been here twice before didn't like the food then and it wasn't my chose to go here but went along with it because it was some else's birthday. I'v had far better food else where and less money then what i paid here. I will not be going back here again!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank wellings17
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penkridge
Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel
#1 of 4 in Penkridge
Lower Drayton Farm B&B
Lower Drayton Farm B&B
#2 of 4 in Penkridge

Been to The Bridgehouse Hotel? Share your experiences!