“Paradise”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ile-a-Vache
New York City, New York
“Paradise”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I recently celebrated the New Year at Abaka Bay with my boyfriend and his family. I had seen beautiful photos of the resort prior to the trip, but I was completely blown away when I arrived and saw it in person. It is no wonder that Ile a Vache recently ranked in CNN's "World's 100 Best Beaches." The contrast of the white sand beach against the backdrop of the mountains was breathtaking.
Every meal I had at Abaka Bay was fantastic. In the evening, we enjoyed a feast of local fare in an intimate, beachfront setting. The service was exceptional, and the staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Some evenings a live band performed, and it was quite a treat!
This was my first vacation at Abaka Bay, and I'm already looking forward to planning my next visit.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank alua415
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this review, 8 September 2015
Your review is out of this world... We enjoyed having you for the Holidays.
We are glad that you loved everything... The location, the beach, the food, the ambiance....
Come again to celebrate with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 20 January 2014

The first time I came & fell in love with this Paradise was two years ago when I came with my four little nieces and my sister Lorie (see pictures)...we had the time of our life waking up with the sunrise and the melody of the waves right there in front of our cabana,absolutely amazing! I should not mislead you by calling it 'cabana" it is actually a very luxurious one : air conditioning, flat screen TV to watch movies at night with the girls (see pictures).

This year I came back to ABAKABAY for my closer on 2013 & my welcoming 2014 . I could not have chosen a better place to start the year 2014. Dinah & Fernand Sajous the owners were the best host...the New Year party was like in a dream, between the fireworks on the beach while sipping champagne and being served all kind of delicatessen...wow... what an aphrodisiac! Next time got to come with a date!
P.S. make sure to register for a massage... also the excursion to the "Isle d'Amour"...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tikathetraveler
La Paz, Bolivia
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Abaka bay Resort has the most wonderful beach. This place is like a paradise, I have never seen a place like this. The room was comfortable, the food was delicious and the people always smile, even the trip to the island was very good. If you are planning a vacation in Haiti, you need to visit this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Elizabeth A
Port-au-Prince
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My wife and i spent our honeymoon at Abaka Bay Resort, that was a lifetime experience on the corner of the Island Ile a Vache, go and see for yourself, that is a paradise, the water is clear and neat, the personnel is smiley and kind, to get there is exciting on the Yatch. Pierre-Michel Vixamar and Myriam Sheila Altine Vixamar

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank micheli3
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Abaka Bay is the perfect place to celebrate any occasion. This sentiment is underscored by guests who seem to be doing just that with the help of the resort's attentive staff and dedicated management.

Two years ago my wife and I celebrated a honeymoon at the idyllic resort. We appreciated the personal attention and the privacy given to us.

Upon our return this year we continued to fall in love with each other, yet noticed that EVERYONE seemed to be celebrating their own private moments. One guest celebrated a birthday and shared his cake with
other dinners. Two families celebrated reunions with relatives they hadn't seen in years. Older couples danced to live music after dinner. Young couples enjoyed cooing conversation on the beach beneath the stars. Children splashed in gentle waves of the ocean happy to be on holiday. Adventurers practiced their French, climbed the mountains, and road horses on the beach.

The moments of love and joy that guests were celebrating seemed to be something that were shared by everyone; and yet were also private.

Abaka Bay is a magical place. My wife and I have enjoyed celebrating our first months of marriage there. We look forward to celebrating anniversaries, birthdays of future children, reunions with family, and adventures with friends.

Merci to the staff and management for their continued success in creating a haven to celebrate the good things in life.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Martin M
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Abaka bay resort is the perfect getaway spot, nestled in a calm bay with the most spectacular beach. The rooms are air conditioned, spacious and very clean. The shower pressure could be stronger but truly is not a bother, just a simple reminder of the fact that your hidden away on an island paradise. The owners and their staff are extremely attentive to the guest and the food is great. Make the trip I guarantee you will not regret it.
Pierre liautaud

Room Tip: Beech front rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pierre L
Reviewed 20 December 2013

November 2013
We stayed in Abaka Bay for our Honey moon. All I can say it is paradise. The place is amazing, calming and a great escape location if you want peace of mind. The staffs are wonderful, and very welcoming. The food is to die for, great seafood , especially " Lambi and Lobster". As for the beach, you can hang out all day. For activities , plenty. Horse riding was fun . Not to mention the Canoe ride , and the Lovers Island which I recommend to everbody; I mean unforgetable especially if you are in love. The only thing that bothered us: be aware of mosquitoes, especially if you are allergic to mosquitoes bites like me . Don t forget to pack some OFF spray with you .
I love it I can wait to go back .

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Lineht
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ile-a-Vache
Port Morgan
#2 of 2 in Carries
Hotel Cyvadier
Hotel Cyvadier
#1 of 5 in Jacmel

Been to Abaka Bay Resort? Share your experiences!