“Heaven on Earth” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abaka Bay Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Abaka Bay Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ile-a-Vache
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

I recently took my first trip to Haiti in over 30 years. My parents are from Haiti and we travelled there together when I was a little girl in the 80s. This year, for my 36th birthday, I decided to take a solo trip back to the "motherland" to get in touch with my roots and do some soul searching. Imagine my luck in finding Abaka Bay Resort on Ile a Vache. It was like a trip to heaven. Paradise on earth, really. A tranquil haven perfect for rest and relaxation. The beach is so beautiful with sand that's powder-soft and clear blue water. I stayed in an ocean view room on the hillside with the most breathtaking views of the water and surrounding lush tropical plant life. The room was comfortable, spacious and beautifully decorated. Every meal was delicious and the seafood was the best I've ever had, including melt-in-your-mouth lobster and "lambi" (conch). OMG so good! And last but not least, the staff at Abaka Bay is the most gracious. They take care of you like family. Your wish is their command. I had the time of my life and I cannot wait to come back with friends and family.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this review, 8 September 2015
Heaven on earth! What else could you have said,,, . your love for the water, your room, the service, feeling as if you were with family...
Thank you so much for loving it all. Heaven awaits you anytime you would like to come.
Thank you for the encouragement, it is deeply appreciated.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary @ Abaka Bay this past weekend. It was absolutely wonderful! Due to the fact that there was a wedding at the resort, we were not able to stay longer but we were there for only one night. The room was extremely elegant, airy and well decorated with a nice balcony over looking the ocean. The beach was excellent, the sand felt like we were walking walking on like brown sugar. The food was excellent “High class Haitian food” the rice mixed with lambie, calamari and shrimp” and sauteed vegetable” was my favorite. My wife loves everything on the menu. Despite her busy schedule, Mme Sajoux took her time to welcome us to the hotel. Before you book your trip there, make sure you speak directly to Mme. Sajoux in order to arrange your boat pick up time.

PS. TAKE YOUR CAMERA.

Room Tip: Top rooms are Quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

This was our first trip to Abaka Bay Resort but it will not be our last. We hope to go back again and again bringing friends and famiy. Our room was on the beach, just thirty steps from the water. Spent the whole trip barefooted. At night the crashing of the waves was like a lullaby that put me to sleep. The food was delicious and varied!!!!! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The service impeccable. What a view from the porch just outside the room, the sunset was very romantic. I brought games and books but never touched them. Just relaxed on the sand and water that washed away all my stress. A few days at Abaka Bay is a must!!!!!! Already planning my second visit.

Room Tip: Room on the beach for a fantastic view day and night!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michele B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

I recently spent 7 days at Abaka Bay on my second trip there and it was just as incredible as I remember. I can't say enough about the friendly staff, everyone was very attentive and helpful. Waking up to the sound of waves crashing on a breathtaking white sand beach felt like a dream. The food was incredible, breakfast with a with my coffee overlooking the ocean was the best way to start the day. If you consider yourself a "foodie" you're going to fall in love with the food. Lunch usually consisted of fresh caught fish, conch "lambi", fried green plaintains, macaroni dish, rice and the best "pikliz"...for those who like to add a little heat to their food, pikliz is a Haitian way to prepare hot sauce. When I wasn't in the ocean swiming I would go for hikes in the mountains. I took a lot of pictures, albeit they came out great - its very hard to capture the beauty of the island. My favorite was when there would be live music during dinner, wich was farily often.
I'm looking forward to my next trip back.
I rely on tripadvisor reviews when I'm undecided about a place and I have to say if you're looking for your next trip somwhere you can relax, enjoy the beach and enjoy unbelievable Haitian food...Abaka Bay should be your next destination.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Oldupi
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
We at Abaka Bay appreciate your kind words. This truly is a labor of love for the owners and the staff. We look forward to your return to our little corner of paradise!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I recently celebrated the New Year at Abaka Bay with my boyfriend and his family. I had seen beautiful photos of the resort prior to the trip, but I was completely blown away when I arrived and saw it in person. It is no wonder that Ile a Vache recently ranked in CNN's "World's 100 Best Beaches." The contrast of the white sand beach against the backdrop of the mountains was breathtaking.
Every meal I had at Abaka Bay was fantastic. In the evening, we enjoyed a feast of local fare in an intimate, beachfront setting. The service was exceptional, and the staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Some evenings a live band performed, and it was quite a treat!
This was my first vacation at Abaka Bay, and I'm already looking forward to planning my next visit.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank alua415
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this review, 8 September 2015
Your review is out of this world... We enjoyed having you for the Holidays.
We are glad that you loved everything... The location, the beach, the food, the ambiance....
Come again to celebrate with us.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

The first time I came & fell in love with this Paradise was two years ago when I came with my four little nieces and my sister Lorie (see pictures)...we had the time of our life waking up with the sunrise and the melody of the waves right there in front of our cabana,absolutely amazing! I should not mislead you by calling it 'cabana" it is actually a very luxurious one : air conditioning, flat screen TV to watch movies at night with the girls (see pictures).

This year I came back to ABAKABAY for my closer on 2013 & my welcoming 2014 . I could not have chosen a better place to start the year 2014. Dinah & Fernand Sajous the owners were the best host...the New Year party was like in a dream, between the fireworks on the beach while sipping champagne and being served all kind of delicatessen...wow... what an aphrodisiac! Next time got to come with a date!
P.S. make sure to register for a massage... also the excursion to the "Isle d'Amour"...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tikathetraveler
La Paz, Bolivia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Abaka bay Resort has the most wonderful beach. This place is like a paradise, I have never seen a place like this. The room was comfortable, the food was delicious and the people always smile, even the trip to the island was very good. If you are planning a vacation in Haiti, you need to visit this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Elizabeth A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ile-a-Vache
Port Morgan
Hotel Cyvadier
Hotel Cyvadier
#1 of 5 in Jacmel
Royal Decameron Indigo Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Abaka Bay Resort? Share your experiences!