“New Year Amazement!!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ile-a-Vache
Miami, Florida
“New Year Amazement!!!”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I spend the end of the year 2013 at Abaka Bay resort in Ile-a-vache Haiti. It was a wonderful experience and i can't wait to go again. If you are looking for something to do or somewhere to vacation i would highly recommended it. From the moment you leave the port you feel as if your in another country. The beach is crystal clear and quiet. It is as if you have the whole beach to yourself. I live in Miami and south beach is one of the most crowded beaches Ever! but at Abaka Bay i felt like i owned the beach, i was able to run around, lay back and sip on some natural juice and work on my tan. The rooms are nicely decorated to suit the beach vibe. During the end of the year celebrations, there are fireworks, a band playing and Lots of delicious FOOD. On my last night i went for a walk and could not stop staring at the sky filled with beautiful stars. I haven't seen a sky so lit up before it is truly a beauty. The owners and staff are very friendly and make you feel as if your part of the family. I really enjoyed my stay and can't wait to go back. I am counting the months!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the mountain have a nice view of the whole beach and nice breeze at night
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you so much for your appreciation of the place and the work that goes into it. Our desire is for you to feel like a king, and a part of the family. We are happy you felt that way. We await your next trip!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014

it was my first time going to ile-à-vache and i definitely plan on going back. My trip to Abaka bay was amazing. I already miss waking up to the sound of the waves and to the scenery. The atmosphere is good and the staff is warm and welcoming. i went with a couple of friends and family members and we all had a wonderful time. we spent our days on the white sand of abaka bay beaches, sipping drinks and eating. the food was great! Overall it was a dream vacation. i highly recommend it

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
So happy to hear that you had a dream vacation. The staff is pleased that you enjoyed the service and we all look forward to your return. Hurry back as those sunsets and sunrises only become more beautiful!
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently traveled to Haiti last month end of March. I stayed in different cities and hotels. But Abakay bay, Ile a Vaches, is my favorite place. It is the only place I keep on dreaming over and over after my trip. I felt like I was in paradise. The staff did a great job. Abaka Bay gave and offered everything . The resort was peaceful, friendly, relaxing, and provided delicious meals. I have loved my stay there and will definitely come back. The staff to guest ratio was perfect and the staff are unobtrusive but always attentive and helpful. Thank you very much Abakay Bay. A special "Thanks" to Dinah and her husband. You guys are wonderful.
Once again if you are going to Haiti, don't miss this opportunity to see this little paradise. You won't see places like that anywhere else and you won't regret it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Thank you for putting out such a good word for us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the resort so much and we hope to see you back for many years to come. We don't just want to be in your dreams. We want to make your dreams come true!
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 April 2014

March 2014 - Off the boat into the deliciousness of a rhum cocktail, and the cheery "Welcome to Abaka" from the staff. The rhum cocktail, a signature drink at Abaka did become a favorite during the 3 nights and 4 days of pure peacefulness. We rented one of the rooms on the beach, and what a great decision. Gorgeous beach with crystal clear greens and blues. The white sand, soft and made for strolling. 3 delicious meals a day and quietness. All of what was needed for a few days of relaxation. It is a 4 hour trek by bus from Port-au-Prince, followed by a 36 minute boat ride, all worth it. For those in need of a pool and a fitness center, this is not the place for you. The staff was superb, attentive and friendly. Dinah was a wonderful hostess, highly recommended. ML

Room Tip: Room on the beach is a must.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
The staff here at Abaka Bay thank you for your kind review and are happy you enjoyed the 3 meals, peaceful atmosphere, beautiful beach, rooms etc. We have a rum cocktail waiting for you so please do come back soon....
Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This is the 3rd time I go to Abaka Bay. Wow, I 'm impress every time. 5 hours drive from Port-au-Prince, Haiti, 30 minutes boat ride, and then, switch to Royal mode. I usually take a Suite, just on the beach front, and my kids could not imagine better. What a way to spend a vacation. Wow! Now they added Hi-Speed internet, perfect to feed all the pictures to the ones working or in cold weather. Try the boat trip to the Islands, it´s a must. The rooms are a/c, the food is good, the servers are ready to bring you anything you want at the beach or in the beach, the room even have hot water. The owners are always present, overlooking every little details. A new restaurant on the sea is in construction. This resort is on a small island. Everything is far away, a boat ride to Les Cayes or a journey to Port-au-Prince, just to get the butter, the bread, the food, the beverage you consume on the resort. And, everything is there just for you. Amazing!

Room Tip: The rooms on the beach are excellent. A suite is recommended is you have kids. The beds are very goo...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
We are glad that you and your children could have such a wonderful time year after year. We are here to please. Thank you for noticing the effort we take to make sure all your needs are met, although we are on a secluded island and everything has to be transported from great distances. We look forward to seeing you and the family again soon!
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I've been to this resort three times and still plan to return...why? Because my family has been around the world and I kid you not..five star hotels from Paris to Beverly Hills ...this place here in Haiti is truly paradise on Earth. There is wifi but that is no longer necessary if you relax on that sandy clean beach and then enjoy three nutritious, and delightful meals all inclusive. As an entrepreneur I totally appreciate the professional manner from owner to staff. The owners took time from their busy schedule to meet us. The staff provided fresh cool water on a daily basis and I even brought my handicapped brother to island and he was so welcomed that I assure you he will be back. My husband brought his friend this time and my mom plans on bringing her some staff from work next time. Experience it for yourself and I'm sure you will have the time of your life!! From the Perennou Family

Stayed March 2014
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
What a wonderful comment! Thank you for taking the time to show your appreciation. We look forward to having you and all your friends back for more good times!
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful place to visit in Haiti! It's quite a distance from the airport but it's worth it! The employees are polite, the food is delicious, and the view is breathtaking! I went for my cousin's wedding and also it's my first time visiting the island where my family is from. It's a moment in my life I'll never forget! Your room is steps away from the beach and you feel like you're on your own private island. The owner, Dinah helped in making arrangements for my husband and I to leave and catch our flight in time. Don't believe the news pics you see of Haiti, it also has some beautiful places and this resort is one if them!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Each heartfelt comment touches us! Thank you for such a wonderful review. Please do come back to visit with us in Paradise....
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ile-a-Vache
Port Morgan