“Beautiful resort but bad managment”
Review of Abaka Bay Resort

Abaka Bay Resort
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ile-a-Vache
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I went there with family and the island and resort is beautiful the sand is magnificant. The food was delicious. But Managment was so horrible. Jean was the mangement there at the time and he really should be replaced. he was rude and ignorant. On our way to the hotel he called us every hour and when we finally arrived to the port he informed us that they couldn't pick us up and we had to wait because we were busy talking to our friend. When diner was served he would fallow you when you went up to ge second and made it uncomfortable for the guess. He really shouldn't be responsible for managing the resort. Also, the mosquitos there are horrible I and my family was bitting alive. It was so bad when I got back to the main land I had to take medication. my advise is to informed the guess and maybe provide or sell mosquito repellant for the guess.

We met a village there and showed us the island we went hiking and visisted port morgan. Also this resort I would only recommend as a place for total relaxation not a place where a lot of activities are available. My score for this place would of been a 4.5 star but due to the horruble management and service I have to give it a 3 stars.

Room Tip: GET a suite
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank katuchah
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We are happy that you enjoyed the resort, the magnificent sand and delicious food. We are sorry you were not completely satisfied. Monitorining while driving is a service we offer to try to guarantee you safely arrive at the appointed time to make the boat. Abaka Bay is a place of great relaxation, but many activities are also offered for the more adventurous as listed on our site. When there is the rainy season as with all tropical places there will be some mosquitoes and we do sell spray. Next time we hope your stay will be completely amazing.

There are newer reviews for Abaka Bay Resort

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We are just back from a trip in the southern part of Haiti. Abaka bay was the best resort. The beach is superb ! We hired a local guide and went on a 2 h hike Among locals, mango trees, climbing mountains and visiting port Morgan a nearby fisherman village. The view was majestic.
The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful. We charter a boat to see the area - port Morgan- from the sea and it was worth it. At the end of the abaka bay beach, there is a natural cavern in the rock . It was amazing . The food was outstanding .
The boat ride to go back to main land was somewhat bumpy. Haiti is a destination for people who like adventure. I would go back to abaka bay!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Belcastle
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Wonderful adventures remain to be discovered. Come again to fulfill that curiosity! Thank you for the kind comments. We are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Abaka Bay Resort in Ile a Vache, Haiti is a magic destination for lovers of nature and paradise destinations. The room was cozy and the food delicious. The beach has the magic touch of paradise, you will want to come back. I had been there twice and it was a pleasant discovery. Access by car to Les Cayes take 3 hours and from there, the resort picks you up on their boat to reach Abaka Bay (approx. 45 ninute ride). Enjoy!

Room Tip: I stayed in the rooms in front of the beach and they are super nice with a little porch to enjoy the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

We are glad you felt Abaka Bay was a magical destination..... come again for more wonderful experiences in Paradise...

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Firstly we went to see Abaka Bay resort to get some drinks and food.
In the menu, they had 6 or 7 options for food from which only was available and unfortunately the similar experience was for drinks..they are offering pina colada (which is pretty rare in Haiti), but this time it was not available...(which we did not understand as pine apples, rhum and coconuts are everywhere in Haiti..) The staff was extremely relaxed and seemed we were bothering them..
Toilet was broken, toilette paper was not provided and water was not running, smell was terrible../this can happens, I agree/. However, we did not decided to stay for that price and went to local chalet, called Kay Jerome, which was not on the beach but even that was much nicer as all family was very welcoming and services were perfect, including food.. so we were satisfied---
The Abaka Bay Beach is super nice and you feel like in a paradise..hope they improve their services in the resort.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Barbora V
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

We at Abaka Bay seek to please all guests. Our staff holds cleanliness and friendly service to a high level. We are sorry a walk-in guest who stayed at another hotel did not find their desired drink. After very busy weekends it is possible that a certain item may need to be restocked as we are on an isolated island and all has to be transported in from great distances. On the next trip we will be sure to have a cold pina colada awaiting.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I spend the end of the year 2013 at Abaka Bay resort in Ile-a-vache Haiti. It was a wonderful experience and i can't wait to go again. If you are looking for something to do or somewhere to vacation i would highly recommended it. From the moment you leave the port you feel as if your in another country. The beach is crystal clear and quiet. It is as if you have the whole beach to yourself. I live in Miami and south beach is one of the most crowded beaches Ever! but at Abaka Bay i felt like i owned the beach, i was able to run around, lay back and sip on some natural juice and work on my tan. The rooms are nicely decorated to suit the beach vibe. During the end of the year celebrations, there are fireworks, a band playing and Lots of delicious FOOD. On my last night i went for a walk and could not stop staring at the sky filled with beautiful stars. I haven't seen a sky so lit up before it is truly a beauty. The owners and staff are very friendly and make you feel as if your part of the family. I really enjoyed my stay and can't wait to go back. I am counting the months!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the mountain have a nice view of the whole beach and nice breeze at night
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your appreciation of the place and the work that goes into it. Our desire is for you to feel like a king, and a part of the family. We are happy you felt that way. We await your next trip!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

it was my first time going to ile-à-vache and i definitely plan on going back. My trip to Abaka bay was amazing. I already miss waking up to the sound of the waves and to the scenery. The atmosphere is good and the staff is warm and welcoming. i went with a couple of friends and family members and we all had a wonderful time. we spent our days on the white sand of abaka bay beaches, sipping drinks and eating. the food was great! Overall it was a dream vacation. i highly recommend it

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

So happy to hear that you had a dream vacation. The staff is pleased that you enjoyed the service and we all look forward to your return. Hurry back as those sunsets and sunrises only become more beautiful!

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I recently traveled to Haiti last month end of March. I stayed in different cities and hotels. But Abakay bay, Ile a Vaches, is my favorite place. It is the only place I keep on dreaming over and over after my trip. I felt like I was in paradise. The staff did a great job. Abaka Bay gave and offered everything . The resort was peaceful, friendly, relaxing, and provided delicious meals. I have loved my stay there and will definitely come back. The staff to guest ratio was perfect and the staff are unobtrusive but always attentive and helpful. Thank you very much Abakay Bay. A special "Thanks" to Dinah and her husband. You guys are wonderful.
Once again if you are going to Haiti, don't miss this opportunity to see this little paradise. You won't see places like that anywhere else and you won't regret it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pierre P
abaka, Manager at Abaka Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for putting out such a good word for us. We are pleased that you enjoyed the resort so much and we hope to see you back for many years to come. We don't just want to be in your dreams. We want to make your dreams come true!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ile-a-Vache
L'anse a L'eau Beach House
#1 of 20 in Port-au-Prince
Wahoo Bay Beach Hotel
Wahoo Bay Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Carries

Been to Abaka Bay Resort? Share your experiences!