“Another great meal”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We had relatives staying so decided to go on Friday night. Another great meal. As normal the chef came out to make sure we were happy with the food. Food great value. Could have had two fish & chips on Friday for only £10.00 but chose steak instead. I know from experience best fish and chips in the area. Well done. Great place for people of all ages. Good selection of real ale. Unlike some food pubs even if you are just having a drink you are made welcome.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Interesting range of reviews for this place! We tried it for the first time a couple of days ago for a simple midweek bar meal. Classic country pub with timber beams, log fire etc. Had two good solid bar meals for tenner. Good pint. Friendly staff. Perfect.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

DO NOT LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS

This is the friendliest and most welcoming pub I have ever been to.

The landlady and landlord run a tight ship and will not have anyone take the piss and disrupt other customers. Maybe this is why certain people may have been asked to leave.

The food here is great and always has been since they took over many years ago.

If this was not the case we would not of had our wedding reception there.
The food was great,the atmosphere was great and the service was fantastic.
Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. They are always more than happy to help.

Hats of to all at The Lamarsh Lion.

See you all soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

After my wife was pushed by the landlady we decided to leave .On the way out the Landlord confronted my wife putting his face into her and shouting we'd be better off at another pub. As I intervened he told me I'd better shut up if I knew what was best for me. I didn't call the police as it was my wife's 60th birthday and thought the day had been ruined enough.What we had done was a mystery to us. I believe the man has mental health problems and shouldn't hold a licence. I am prompted to write this review as I note another review from someone I don't know who relates a similar tale. I have never written a review of any pub before but you can see why the food has to be so cheap.

6  Thank Pete L
Reviewed 22 December 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our visit to the Lamarsh Lion. The service was excellent. To be fair, there only seemed to be one waitress and she coped magnificently with a big smile too - so no service worries here!

We both had calamari to start and steak for main course. It wasn't the best food we've ever eaten but it wasn't bad either. For the relatively low price, we really couldn't argue - great value. Just don't go there expecting 'finger bowl' quality and you won't be disappointed.

The real ale was excellent and would revisit just for the beer!

1  Thank kneedownrider