Plenty of character and period charm, we stayed for one night during August 2014. The hotel was busy and quite lively but retained a calm and relaxed feel. Book in advance to be sure of a table in the restaurant. The bar has local ales, try the Green Devil. Parking is available adjacent to the hotel, maximum cost was £3.20 but free after 18:00h and on Sundays.
I only had breakfast but this was fine, I would have liked the Sunday lunch but they were fully booked.
There is no lift and the stairs can be a bit noisy, there are newspapers in the small lounge. Sometimes it was hard to tell if anyone was in charge but overall I would confidently recommend and would love to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Greyhound Coaching Inn and Hotel is a charming and traditional 18th Century coaching inn located in the south Leicestershire town of Lutterworth. A family-owned hotel, The Greyhound Hotel has been sympathetically restored by Robert Eggleston to provide an easy-going charm and welcoming atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd and LateRooms so you can book your Greyhound Coaching Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greyhound Coaching Hotel Lutterworth
- Greyhound Coaching Inn Lutterworth, Leicestershire