“Unfortunately Very Average”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Unfortunately Very Average”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have been here twice, the first time was a disaster! The waitress took our orders for starters, mains and wine. The restaurant was not very busy but at least 15 minutes later she came back and said that the wine was not available (why didn't she know when we ordered?) and could we order something else. The wine came, then the starters. We had finished starters for at least half an hour before she came to clear away the plates but at that point she said that one of the mains was no longer available and that we needed to order something different (why didn't she know when we ordered?). Of course the other mains were ready so one person had to wait and eat alone. We didn't stop for sweets or coffee and with no compensation being offered we said we wouldn't be going again. However my daughter bought us a Groupon voucher for this restaurant for Christmas, so we went again in March. The selection of dishes with the voucher was of course limited and the best meals all cost more. Although we didn't have the same problems as last time, we felt that the service, food and ambiance were very average. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit this restaurant again, there are much better ones around.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Terry H

Leicester, England
“Great value”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Although the interior is a little dated in appearance the food is really good with the sauces in particular being full on and intense in flavour. Excellent vegetarian menu choices.
Friendly service and great value for the reasonable prices charged.

• Visited May 2014
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“groupon used”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

used a groupon so the menu choice was limited but a very pleasant atmosphere and the food was well cooked and presented. I looked at the full menu and thought prices were very reasonable

Visited April 2014
Lutterworth, United Kingdom
“Something different in Lutterworth”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Everything is made fresh on the day and therefore you can have a little wait- especially if there are a number of diners. I have visited on a number of occasions and have found the food to be very good. I also used the Groupon voucher once but was not disappointed - I wonder what some people want! It is very easy give a bad review while hiding in anonymity.
The owner cooks and serves and works hard. I accept he is not 'mine gracious host' and although he is part of the experience - I go for the food

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great value for money, attentive service, excellent food”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant twice recently, once with my partner and the other time with my family. I can only say that I was extremely impressed with the service we received and the food served. We were given a different menu, but with a wide range of hot and cold starters and pastas, chicken, vegetarian and pizzas for main course, there was plenty of choice. The mushroom tart starter we chose was delicious and the chicken breast entrees were presented to a very high standard and the portion sizes were very generous. The food was all freshly prepared. Our host worked extremely hard, we were offered complimentary warm bread with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. I travel all over the world with my work and am involved with First Class catering. I can only give praise for my experience at Cheikos. Maybe some people should think about what they have paid for their Groupon voucher before venting their criticism. We all had a lovely time and will definitely go back, Groupon or no Groupon :-)

Visited March 2014