“A BIG thank you to Ullesthorpe Court Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club

BEST WESTERN PLUS Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lutterworth
Malaga, Spain
“A BIG thank you to Ullesthorpe Court Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

My husband enjoyed the start to his 65th birthday at Ullesthorpe Court recently. Via email the staff kindly arranged for champagne to be in our room on arrival the night before. We were delayed on the motorway however the champagne was still cold when we arrived. What a nice gesture for them to leave a card and a box of chocolates near the ice (by then water!) bucket.
We enjoyed a beer in the bar and the staff were very friendly as were the reception staff when we arrived and left.
The evening meal was delicious - compliments to the chef; and the wine we chose was very good. Again the service was most attentive and efficient.
After a good night's sleep we had a swim, steam room and jacuzzi all before breakfast. The leisure centre staff were cheerful and friendly and we had the pool to ourselves! We really enjoyed breakfast. The chef cooked us smoked haddock and poached eggs and we sat near the window with a view of the grounds.
We left to continue our journey to our family where we enjoyed the rest of a lovely day.
Thanks to the staff at Ullesthorpe Court Hotel (Best Western) for helping to make my husband's birthday special.
This was not the first time we have stayed at Ullesthorpe Court as it is conveniently situated between family in Yorkshire and our son's family in Northamptonshire. We look forward to our next visit.
Please pass on our thanks to all the staff who made our stay so special. They are a credit to the Best Western organisation.

1 Thank tekkytiger
UllesthorpeCourt, Paul Burgess at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear tekkytiger
We are really pleased to read that your husband so enjoyed his 65th with us at the hotel. Your comments are most welcome and have been passed onto the team here. We hope to see you again in the not too distant future
Kind regards
Paul Burgess, Operations Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Turkish first
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

I stayed for 4 nights whilst attending a course locally. Comparing notes with others on the course I had really hit the jackpot with this hotel. I had a lovely, spacious room with a really comfortable bed. There was a good choice of breakfast. The hotel staff could not have been better, very helpful and cheerful. All this for £45 per night on the deal I used.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
UllesthorpeCourt, Paul Burgess, Operations Director at BEST WESTERN PLUS Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear Renniehorta
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I’m glad you enjoyed our facilities whilst attending your local course and glad you managed to make use of one of our occasionally special accommodation offers. We hope to see you again if in the area.
Regards
Paul and the Ullesthorpe Team
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

My husband and I have spent this weekend at this lovely hotel. Our room was good quality - could have done with air con but a fan was provided. Everything was clean and well presented. We dined in the restaurant on the table d'hote menu which had loads to choose from and came as a package with the bed and breakfast. We could have dined on a la carte but chose not to. The food was well presented and as I say the choice was excellent. We did not feel rushed at all and our young waiter was excellent. Breakfast was served in the bar area and was a buffet style. I wold have liked hot water to make the tea pot contents go further and also iced water as well as juices but no problem. My husband ordered scrambled egg on Saturday morning and to be fair they had been pre-cooked and looked pale. Maybe it would be better if they really did cook them to order as they would be creamy and fresh.
We stayed 2 nights and both nights and ate in the restaurant on both nights. Different menu on both nights and it was difficult to choose.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would say it is most definitely a "Best" Best Western.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back. Much quieter I think if there is a party
Dear Christine L
Were pleased to read that your weekend away with us went so well, your comments on the food have been passed back to the food service team and we so glad you enjoyed all the meals with us. We do hope that you will return and see us again, do watch out for special weekend promotions that we run from time to time.
Regards
Paul and the Ullesthorpe Crew.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here Thursday to Sunday. Could not fault the hotel
good food and drink. From the moment we arrived the staff were most helpful. The bars and restaurant are very good. The swimming pool and spa are excellent my wife loved them, and last but not least the excellent golf course, in great condition for the amount of golfers playing it . In in all a wonderful stay.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Terry C
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay, were glad that you both had such a good time and your wife managed to use the leisure and beauty facilities whilst you tried out our golf course. We look forward to seeing you again for another leisure and golf break
Best Wishes
The Ullesthorpe Team,
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed overnight to lengthen a weekend away in Suffolk. My husband had stayed on a golfing weekend in July and was very impressed. The hotel is lovely, very well maintained with great rooms and facilities. The staff impressed on the first visit and maintained the same standard from start to finish. We had the carvery in the bar which I thought might be a little dried out as we were quite late going down but the beef was absolutely delicious (and I'm not a red meat lover). Excellent value £10 for two. Breakfast, my favourite meal when away, was all you could hope for. I had the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and my husband the haddock and poached eggs. The only downside was the noise on this particular night. Noisy neighbours woke me about 12.30a.m. and kept me awake with banging doors and shouting for about two hours. I did mention it in both the room survey and the online survey and was very pleased to receive not one but two emails from the General Manager the following day apologising and explaining that some 'guests' were removed from the hotel by the night staff. I thought this was impressive, both the fact that they did get rid of the cause of the noise and the General Manager's swift reply. This confirmed our view of the staff. It is a lovely hotel in lovely surroundings and with a great golf course and leisure facilities, we will certainly be back when next in the area.

Cleanliness
Dear SkiersfromYorkshire
Were pleased to see that you decided to stay with us to lengthen your weekend away and had such a good time, as in our communication to you we do apologise for the noise caused by other guests in the hotel something that we were disappointed with and as you are aware had to deal with by asking the guests to leave – thankfully this is not something that we often have to do!
I’m pleased to read that you will stay with us again when in the area and we look forward to welcoming you back
Kind Regards
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

We stayed from 23rd-26th August
We visited this hotel on our first anniversary and i can honestly say it is just as good.
Lovely rooms, lovely friendley staff.
We were in room 320 overlooking the garden.
We ate in the restaurant on our first night and the menu was really good the atmosphere romanitc and an enjoyable evening with nice food and good service.
The second night we ate in the bar and had the carvery again a lovely meal.
I must comment on the full english breakfast buffett they had everything you could want and we did over induldge.
We made use of the pool and spa treatments and my husband played golf.
Thank you for a lovely stay again we will be back.

Room Tip: Garden view rooms are nice
      Cleanliness
Dear yorkshirecouple11_11
I’m pleased to read that you had such another good anniversary stay with us and enjoyed your meal in the restaurant – we look forward to seeing you back again for many more anniversary stays.
Kind Regards
The Ullesthorpe Team
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed in an executive room which was vast and very comfortable. The reception staff prior to arrival had been very helpful & managed to accomodate my sister's request for a split executive room to accomodate a new baby following a cancellation. So I was very impressed with them remembering that.
The rooms were very clean and the house-keeping staff were so flexible - arranging cleaning times round the baby's sleeping patterns etc. Hotel is located in the middle of no-where, so no external noises - even the wedding that was hosted the weekend we were there was in an area that you couldn't hear int he hotel rooms. So great nights sleep all around.
Food in the main restaurant was superb (although the creme brulees were unfortunately all gone before we got to them). In the bar, the portions were so huge you almost needed a doggy bag to do them justice. Breakfast was great - really good selection of cooekd breakfast & you could order certain items to order. Really couldn't fault the quality of the food, or the attentiveness of the staff.
Gym & pool very clean, empty & with really rather nice facilities. Open from 6.30 til fairly late so no excuse not to take the sports equipment with you!
All in all, a really good stay & I would have been quite happy to return if I'd had a slightly better check out experience. The receptionist greeting us had told me that our leisure break included a 3 course dinner on the Friday. So we had juggled other commitments so as not to lose the 'free' meal. Of course it turned out that the meal wasn't included in our rate. Had someone told me that the next day, I'd have been fairly relaxed about it. But no-one mentioned anything until my sister queried her bill (I'd already paid & not spotted this), and we were told quite aggressively that we should have known what the room rate included & the reason for the error was that someone with my surname had been on that rate earlier in the week. So there had obviously been some internal debate about this previously, but no-one had the courtesy of actually flagging it and apologising for the misinformation. It doesn't change my review of the hotel - which was very good - just the overall feel about what would otherwise have been quite a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Choose an executive lounge for a small increase in price & huge increase in comfort
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear LouiseNE
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I’m glad to read that overall everything was to you satisfaction and like in our communication can only apologise for the misunderstandings that occurred with reception.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Paul Burgess, Operations Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lutterworth
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa
Leicester Marriott Hotel
Burleigh Court
Burleigh Court
#3 of 12 in Loughborough

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Ullesthorpe Court Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!