“Very good Mexican Place, we like coming back to” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Frankfurt, Germany
“Very good Mexican Place, we like coming back to”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Especially since Germany doesn't really offer a lot of choices when it comes to Mexican Food: This is clearly a good choice! I've seen better and worse. This place has been here for quite some years (>10) and hasn't lost any of it's quality.
The place exists of a bar (smoking lounge) and restaurant. We usually prefer the atmosphere of the restaurant - even if it's just for a few drinks.
The waitresses are always very friendly, observant and helpful even if the place is packed. They have some outdoor patio seating in front of the entrance which isn't all to appealing. However, the new balcony on the back towards the Nidda river is really nice for warm summer nights.
The food is very good and (from what I can tell) as close to authentic Mexican as it can get when you're in Germany. The plates are however so big that there is usually no place for any starters unless you share them with others. (Which is a shame, because I love their Mozzarella Sticks and dip...)

• Visited October 2013

Hamburg, Germany
“Despite the fries, relatively authentic Tex-Mex food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

When I saw the French fries on one of the plates being served, I had my doubts about the authenticity of this Mexican bar and restaurant, but they proved me wrong.
My veggie burrito was delicious, with the re-fried beans a bit spicier than usual. Although the nachos were not homemade, they had been warmed before serving and the salsa and guacamole were both good. The corn on the cob was also buttery and good.
One person in our group had the spare ribs and told everyone over the course of the next two days that they were the best he had ever eaten.
If you can get a seat outside on the balcony overlooking the Nidda river and the park, it makes for a nicer meal. The front patio does not have much atmosphere or view, but it is quiet.
Overall, I surprising find in Bad Vilbel.

• Visited August 2013