“What an amazing first time Skiing experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Snezhanka Apartments TMF
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Pamporovo
Manchester, United Kingdom
“What an amazing first time Skiing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was researching skiing holidays for my partners 30th birthday and I was quite daunted as it's usually him who organises our trips. I came across reviews of Snow White Skiing on tripadvisor and thought I would contact Pippa to see what she could offer me. I was a little dubious going ahead as I was relying on one individual person to organise our whole trip. I didn't see or hear a bad thing about anybody's experience on here so I decided to go ahead. I have to say it's one of the best decisions I have ever made!!! From start to finish Pippa assisted me in any way I needed, she was able to organise everything from the ski package to transfers, everything I needed! When we arrived we settled into our apartment which was very luxurious, I'm so glad we had an apartment rather than a hotel room as we had lots of space to put our ski stuff. We had the learn to ski package and the company which snow white skiing use "Pamporovo Ski" have THE best teachers. We went from beginners to intermediate within 5 days (although it helped we had a teacher to ourselves due to it being so quiet). The food in the hotel was definitely average and I can't say we ever really enjoyed a meal, however we did expect that as the food in Bulgaria isn't of the same standard to that of the rest of Europe. We didn't starve by any means and we were able to get by on the food that was on offer. We visited DAKS Irish bar on a couple of nights but we didn't feel able to do the après ski alongside normal ski so we just stuck to the normal ski, after all that's what we came to do! Galena who is the rep within the resort is excellent and very helpful. We had a super first experience of skiing and we will not be hesitating to go back again next year and will definitely be booking with snow white skiing again. Fantastic experience from start to finish. Thank you to all, especially Pippa x

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Faevittoria
SnowWhiteski, Holiday Coordinator SWS/TMF at Snezhanka Apartments TMF, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Fae, thank you so much for your wonderful review. It was lovely to meet you both and I thoroughly enjoyed your company on your first night of your holiday when we all went to Devin on the natural hot springs excursion. So glad that you had a good holiday and hope to meet you again some day.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I heard about Snow White travel from Trip Advisor and the reports were excellent, so I compared the prices with larger travel agents and found them to be a lot cheaper, always nervous about too lower prices, but this was a real bargin, Pippa organised everyhting, bar the flights and the whole trip went without a hitch, we had private transport from the airport and Tony was outstanding (both ways), on time and curteous. The Snezhanka apartments are a great base and feels totlay part of the hotel, the food was excellent, not 5 star but certainly a good choice and should cater for everyone. The shuttle to the slopes were reliable. We flew into Plodiv, which was just and hour and half away, with Ryanair, who despite the poor reviews, were perfect, on time and no additional costs, you just have to do your homework.
We are definitely looking to book again next year...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Daren F
Thanks Daren, so glad you enjoyed your holiday and many thanks for the review. We look forward to welcoming you again next year.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great value for money and great for families with mixed ability. The staff are very helpful and all went very smoothly. We had half board although the apartment is well equipped for self catering. The downside was the Irish bar under the hotel - very noisy! The balcony was a worry with young children as it could be easily climbed, and our mattress really dipped in the middle. BUT with sheets that fitted replacing the mattress it could be easily fixed. Oh yes, the stairs - be prepared. The lifts don't always work.

On the whole, great value for money and a great introduction. Warm and friendly atmosphere and Pippa from Snow white skiing could not be more helpful. The food was fine and even our fussy eaters were happy. Food on the slopes is great and they are really helpful in the boot room too. Ski school was more of a guide to the slopes that constructive criticism that you get in other european resorts.

YES WE WOULD GO BACK.

Room Tip: Try to be as far away from the Irish bar as possible.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review and I am very pleased you had a great holiday. Can you please email me the apartment that you stayed in so that I can address the issue regarding the mattress in the apartment. Thank you
King's Lynn, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have just stayed at the snezhanka apartments, we were half board although the apartments are equipped for self catering. The rooms were ok, but cleanliness could be improved. We had a fantastic week skiing, but the downfall of staying in pomparovo was the 4 hour transfer from Sofia airport! The best thing about this holiday were the ski instructors, absolutely brilliant. We are wanting to go back next year but maybe stay in different hotel. The food at the snezhanka was of average quality and variety. Will also try to fly into Plovdiv as the transfer is then only 1 1/2 hours

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Lorrainech_13
Wigan, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

recently returned from a ski trip booked through Pippa at snow white ski company, it was my first visit to Bulgaria and I would definitely return. Pippa booked our private taxi transfer from sofia airport and this was a great service, the driver spoke English, stopped at supermarket for us and even helped out with the shopping. the apartment was lovely, I stayed in a 1 bedroom and there were 2 of us, plenty of space, clean and comfortable, very warm. I booked half board, the breakfast was as expected, everything you could want, we only ate the evening meal once during our stay and it was ok, buffet style, plenty of choice. we found that it was so cheap to eat out and lots of choice that we preferred this. the shuttle bus to and from the slopes was regular and no problems, the ski school was good. Galina the rep in resort was great always on hand and we booked a couple of extras - the crazy bowling a very fun night if you have children in your party and even if not, also the traditional Bulgarian evening which was fun and worth doing. everything was booked through Pippa bar our flights and the service I received was exceptional from my first enquiry to returning home, I would not hesitate to use her services again and recommend her to everyone in fact I dread booking any holidays through the mainstream travel agents in future.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so glad you enjoyed your holiday and look forward to your return to Pamporovo at some point in the future.
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Returned last weekend from a fantastic weeks skiing holiday. The Snezhanka apartments were spacious and although we stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment there was plenty of room for our family of 4. the rooms were warm and well equipped, clean towels and beds made every day. we found the staff to be friendly and helpful, both in the bar and restaurant. We always found plenty to satisfy us in the restaurant- there was plenty of choice for both breakfast and main course. The whole trip was organised brilliantly by PIppa, Snow White skiing. Everything ran smoothly from airport transfers to lift passes and ski hire. it was our first visit to Bulgaria and we will be coming back, lovely people and very reasonable prices.

1 Thank Gw2535
SnowWhiteski, Holiday Coordinator - TMF/SWS at Snezhanka Apartments TMF, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review and it is always great to hear that people have had a good holiday. Many thanks.
northern ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed here recently for a week on our first ski holiday. The apartment was fine - everything you need and well located with easy minibus access to the nearby slopes. Bar area is nice and relaxing and staff friendly (with the exception of reception staff!).
Basically for a budget ski break this is a great choice but there is one area which let the experience down. While the breakfast buffet was just about ok the evening meal was dreadful. Although we stayed half board we ended up eating out most nights as what the hotel offered was virtually inedible. Having spoken to a family who stayed here last year it seems that the quality of food has gone down considerably. If an effort could be made to address this important issue then the Snezhanka would certainly get my vote for a return visit.

Room Tip: The size of the apartments varies greatly - some 2 beds are quite pokey but ours was not. Seems to b...