“Absolutely terrible”
Review of Bor Hotel

Bor Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pamporovo
Bor Hotel
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Pamporovo
Reviewed 17 March 2006

We booked with Balkan Holidays to stay in Hotel Bor in Pamporovo. It was a great deal for a week. Our main priority was snowboarding so we were not concerned about having lavish accommodation. Our hotel was classed as 3 star (as were the other two hotels nearby -Hotel Snezhanka and Hotel Perelik). On arrival at our hotel there was very little organisation with regard to our rooms and we were left standing wondering where to go and what to do. Finally we were given our keys. When we got to our room we were astonished! Two points in favour of the room were - it was warm and clean enough. The room looked as if it had not been decorated or renovated in at least 50 years (which was a shock but not a problem)! Our bathroom was a 'wet room' which had rusty taps and a stop valve for the toilet flusher! The room was basic (which we did not mind) but the bathroom was disgusting. There was no lock for the bathroom door so they had fashioned their own - a nine inch nail! We couldn't believe it. The food was ok three nights but four out of seven nights it was so bad that even my partner could not eat it and this is a first! We had to eat elsewhere. There were many people complaining at reception but all other hotels were booked and the tour operator could not offer anything else. All we could do was laugh and try not to think about it! We enjoyed our snowboarding but the hotel was a real let down. I have written to complain to the tour operator and I received a response saying the hotel is of 3 star standard in Bulgaria but that they would give us £40 each BUT THIS IS NOT COMPENSATION JUST GOOD WILL!! I beg to differ about the standard of hotel!! We had friends staying in Hotel Perelik and Hotel Snezhanka(both three star)and we saw their rooms and facilities and ours was NOT the same standard. Our facilites did not exist. The gym consisted of weights lying on floor beside a dirty mattress which looked like it had been pulled out of a skip and the sauna was the gathering place for all the naked locals! I am very cross about the reply I received and my main concern is warning others about this hotel so they do not make the same mistake as us. It truly was an experience -one I would not wish on anyone else. My friends and I are not fussy -we understand what basic facilities and basic room mean but Hotel Bor was so bad I actually think it should be closed down! I will continue to remember this hotel by looking at the wonderful video footage of our trip - what a hotel!

18  Thank ToniPatton