The staff as have been mentioned before are very friendly, and I'm sure that even if I tried, I would find no fault with them.
However, I would rate this hotel a zero if I could.
Technically, sure, it has 2 stars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_rating) and it does fulfill the criteria which are:
- Breakfast buffet
- Reading light next to the bed
- Bath essence or shower gel
- Bath towels
- Linen shelves
- Offer of sanitary products (e.g. toothbrush, toothpaste, shaving kit)
- Credit Cards
I would say this.
1. Walking up the stairs made me pray no one would be walking on them during the night.
2. The peeling paintwork in the room seemed to be 'standard' throughout the hotel.
3. The almighty stench of rose toilet spray throughout the hotel room is overpowering.
4. The bath itself is half size. What is the point in a bath if I can't lie inside it.
5. The shower head has no hook to be hung on
6. The bath shower, has no shower curtain
7. The toilet brush is brown-ish.
Oh, and no significant cafe's in the local area. Heading out for a bite? Go to central paris.More