“Service Oriented” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colombes
Brussels, Belgium
“Service Oriented”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for one night, initially I was hesitant due to my previous experiences with Hotels in Paris but this one really was an excellent discovery. At arrival (1.30am) the service at the check in was very friendly and helpful considering that one of the rooms was needed with a handicap facilities. We felt at home,price was accessible and again the service was out of what you normally experience in Paris, which at the end is a money oriented city....... Keep the great work!!!!

Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Staff are polite, but there's not much else to recommend this hotel. Very very average. The rooms aren't cheap and they have the cheek to charge 20 Euros extra for internet. My room card stopped working and it seems everyone else I spoke to had the same problem. The place is clean though, and there are kettles in the rooms, which I have found to be quite unusual in Paris. Also, the rooms are relatively large for Paris, which comes from not being in the centre.
It's fine as a business hotel, which is what most people use it for, with Mars, Pepsico and several other large companies having offices just around the corner. It is right next to the tram stop Jaqueline Auriol on the T2 line. The tram itself is brand new and quite fun.
The area is grotty and seems to have more than its fair share of beggars and layabouts, even for Paris.

Room Tip: If your card doesn't work in the lift, it won't work for your room. Get reception to reswipe...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jools_B_London
Koen V, Manager at Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Jools_B_London

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard By Marriott Paris Colombes.

It is with pleasure that I received your feedback for your stay. I am happy to hear that you found our staff polite and our hotel's cleaniliness standards above par and thank you for your warm comments. This type of positive feedback is critical to our associates and I shall be discussing it with them during our daily standup. I must admit that our keycard system usually functions correctly and am sorry if this did not occur during the full length of your stay. Sometimes unfortunately, technical incidents do occur and I hope that you were not too inconvenienced by this issue. It is true that our Tram system, which has only existed for the last 3 years, is the prime motivator for the development and growth of businesses in this older residential district and we continually look forward to the improvements that are proposed by the Marie of Colombes.

In the meantime, if there is anything that I can provide you, please feel free to contact me directly.

Koen Vanherberghen

Travellers are raving about these Colombes hotels

Grenoble, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Due to a water leak in my original hotel I was booked into this hotel at the last minute. The staff are very good and friendly on the front desk and being a late option we had the full whack room which included wifi and breakfast - otherwise expensive options. It's a decent Marriott, with everything you require and nice rooms and a decent nights sleep. However at almost 300 euros for a night, I find it's too pricey to go any further than an average.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Koen V, Manager at Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Mr Biddazzu,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard By Marriott Paris Colombes and for responding to our Satisfaction Survey.

It is with pleasure that I received your feedback for your previous stay. I have certainly passed along your comments to our team concerning their pleasant service and your satisfaction with our rooms. All feedback is important to us, and it is thanks to the information that you provided that we can develop ourselves further and motivate our staff to excel in their work. We, and all Marriott Hotels, strive to provide consistent, high quality and personalised service to our guests, and I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, even though you found the prices on the higher side. This can certainly be explained due to the last minute reservation that was made and the high occupancy period of your stay.

In the meantime, if there is anything that I can provide you, please feel free to contact me directly,

Biloxi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here on a visit to Paris because I had 2 free nights and because it was close to the home of some friends I was visiting in Les Garennes-Colombes. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, the staff very helpful, breakfast good (although pricey) and the location very convenient. There is a tram stop in easy walking distance (a block or two) which will take you to La Defense from which you can get anywhere quickly, including the airports.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
Riga, Latvia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Comparable to other European Marriots this was quite sad experience. We arrived very late and knew that stay will be only for few hours or one short night. First dissapointment was the fact that no refreshments were in the room. For price of 250 EUR drinking water wouldn't be too much asked in the room, instead you get note to go down and pay more for your 7 hours of stay in the hotel. Room overall was nice and spacious. Breakfast - again something not to compare with other Marriots I've been - sausages way too salty, no vegetables at all! Good thing was tasty coffee. Would suggest to improve here value for price - fact that its touristy city doesn't mean Marriott should also follow low value for money.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Koen V, Manager at Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Mrs Rena B,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard By Marriott Paris Colombes.

I am truly sorry to hear that your experience at our hotel was so disappointing, especially as you only stayed with us for such a short amount of time. My staff and I would have been more than happy to speak to you personally to see if we could make your stay more enjoyable, but as you were here for a conference I understand how this might have been difficult. The rate that you paid was; however, negotiated by your Group Organizer and was dependent upon the availability in the hotel and within Paris. As you stayed during the PCR Cardiology Conference, I am sorry to say that you probably would not have found a lower rate within Paris.

The idea of the Market, where you can buy any food, snacks or Sundry items has been established for all Courtyard hotels worldwide, and this is why the Minibar is vacant and available for your use. It is through this idea that we aim to satisfy our guest’s needs by encountering them in the lobby and focusing on our outstanding service. I have; however, informed my Restaurant Manager concerning your remarks of the breakfast and he is integrating your ideas within his plan to adapt the Breakfast menu and service already. All feedback is important to us, and it is thanks to the information that you provided that we can develop ourselves further and motivate our staff to excel in their work. We, and all Marriott Hotels, strive to provide consistent, high quality and personalized service to our guests.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Restaurant staff is very unhelpful, inefficient and rude. A terrible experience. Staff gave us menu after 40 minutes. It was almost an hour by the time first order was taken. It got even worse later when it came to taking desert order. All in all it was an spoil of an evening.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank prakhar j
Koen V, Manager at Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Mr Prakhar J,

Thank you for contacting us concerning your recent experience in the Courtyard By Marriott Paris West Colombes Hotel.

I am contacting you concerning the length of time and the service that you experienced in our restaurant. After having read your explanation and spoken to my restaurant staff it is clear that there are certain staffing issues which need to be resolved. For this experience that you and your colleagues went through, I wish to apologize accordingly. This type of reaction time is certainly not what we aim to provide our guests, especially Marriott Rewards Members such as you and your colleagues. I have observed that my Night Manager spoke to you and was able to find a correct form of resolution for your experience and hope that you are still in agreement with this resolution.

I wish to assure you again that we are currently establishing an action plan with our Restaurant Manager to resolve our staffing issues, and of course to provide the necessary tools for our staff to create a positive guest experience. Unfortunately, this was not the case for your experience, and I hope that this will not deter you from returning to our property and our restaurant upon the next time that you travel to Paris.

I have noticed that the picture that you posted of our hotel bathroom is; however, incorrect. As you can observe when viewing the pictures of our hotel on Tripadvisor, the bathrooms are obviously different.

Respectfully,

Rooms Leader
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

When you stay in a Courtyard Hotel it is like staying in a Premier Inn - you expect well appointed , clean , smart but basic and this hotel delivers all of that and nice staff.

You do not expect a gym or room service or a Resteraunt and again the hotel delivers on expectation

I have stayed at Courtyard hotels across USA and never been disappointed

However for this basic set up you expect to pay accordingly and and €250 / night this was extortionate - no nice and basic and clean but not cheap!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr Richard G,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard By Marriott Paris Colombes.

It is with pleasure that I received your feedback concerning your stay at our property. I certainly wish to thank you for your comments about the expectations to be had in our Courtyard, and Courtyards across the world. We aim to provide consistent, high quality and personalized service to our guests, and I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry if you were unhappy concerning the rate that you were provided. I am not certain at which period you stayed with us; however, maybe I can provide some further explanations. Our property is situated in the developing business district of Paris next to the La Défense area and is thus, as I am certain you understand, a thriving hotel for corporate clients. This means that the rates are frequently high during the week, and especially so during extremely high occupancy periods such as the PCR Cardiology conference that occurred 3 weeks ago in Paris and the Eurosatory conference that is occurring next week. It is for this reason that we aim to provide excellent service and amenities in our property, such as the Fitness Center, Restaurant Oleo Pazzo and Room Service.

I hope that this explanation is satisfactory to you and look forward to meeting you personally upon the next occasion that you stay with us so we can discuss this further if you wish.

Rooms Leader
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colombes
Aparthotel Adagio Access Colombes la Defense
BEST WESTERN PLUS Suitcase Paris La Defense
Courtyard Paris Arcueil
Courtyard Paris Saint Denis
Courtyard Paris Saint Denis
#3 of 17 in Saint-Denis
Kyriad Paris Ouest - Colombes
Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel

Been to Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes? Share your experiences!