“Very attentive staff, understand business's travellera”

Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Colombes
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Near our Paris offices, so an frequent stop. Rooms are clean and what you would expect from a Courtyard.

Staff is always friendly and accommodating.

There is a tram that connects you into Paris. Takes metro tickets but you need another to enter the metro system that gets you everywhere you want in Paris.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Newtownpa
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I have been at this hotel for a business trip. I stayed two nights and my experience was positive. The room was quiet and clean and personnel has been helpful.
Wi fi was included in my rate but pay attention as they charge it at 19€/day !!
Breakfast was in the average.
Lastly the location... Colombes is an area close to La Defense and the center of Paris can be reached with a 15 mins train trip to Gare St Lazare.
I didn't use the restaurant , so can't comment

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mmazzali
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed there for one night, initially I was hesitant due to my previous experiences with Hotels in Paris but this one really was an excellent discovery. At arrival (1.30am) the service at the check in was very friendly and helpful considering that one of the rooms was needed with a handicap facilities. We felt at home,price was accessible and again the service was out of what you normally experience in Paris, which at the end is a money oriented city....... Keep the great work!!!!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Staff are polite, but there's not much else to recommend this hotel. Very very average. The rooms aren't cheap and they have the cheek to charge 20 Euros extra for internet. My room card stopped working and it seems everyone else I spoke to had the same problem. The place is clean though, and there are kettles in the rooms, which I have found to be quite unusual in Paris. Also, the rooms are relatively large for Paris, which comes from not being in the centre.
It's fine as a business hotel, which is what most people use it for, with Mars, Pepsico and several other large companies having offices just around the corner. It is right next to the tram stop Jaqueline Auriol on the T2 line. The tram itself is brand new and quite fun.
The area is grotty and seems to have more than its fair share of beggars and layabouts, even for Paris.

Room Tip: If your card doesn't work in the lift, it won't work for your room. Get reception to reswipe...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jools_B_London
Koen V, Manager at Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Jools_B_London

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard By Marriott Paris Colombes.

It is with pleasure that I received your feedback for your stay. I am happy to hear that you found our staff polite and our hotel's cleaniliness standards above par and thank you for your warm comments. This type of positive feedback is critical to our associates and I shall be discussing it with them during our daily standup. I must admit that our keycard system usually functions correctly and am sorry if this did not occur during the full length of your stay. Sometimes unfortunately, technical incidents do occur and I hope that you were not too inconvenienced by this issue. It is true that our Tram system, which has only existed for the last 3 years, is the prime motivator for the development and growth of businesses in this older residential district and we continually look forward to the improvements that are proposed by the Marie of Colombes.

In the meantime, if there is anything that I can provide you, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Due to a water leak in my original hotel I was booked into this hotel at the last minute. The staff are very good and friendly on the front desk and being a late option we had the full whack room which included wifi and breakfast - otherwise expensive options. It's a decent Marriott, with everything you require and nice rooms and a decent nights sleep. However at almost 300 euros for a night, I find it's too pricey to go any further than an average.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Koen V, Manager at Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Mr Biddazzu,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard By Marriott Paris Colombes and for responding to our Satisfaction Survey.

It is with pleasure that I received your feedback for your previous stay. I have certainly passed along your comments to our team concerning their pleasant service and your satisfaction with our rooms. All feedback is important to us, and it is thanks to the information that you provided that we can develop ourselves further and motivate our staff to excel in their work. We, and all Marriott Hotels, strive to provide consistent, high quality and personalised service to our guests, and I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, even though you found the prices on the higher side. This can certainly be explained due to the last minute reservation that was made and the high occupancy period of your stay.

In the meantime, if there is anything that I can provide you, please feel free to contact me directly,

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here on a visit to Paris because I had 2 free nights and because it was close to the home of some friends I was visiting in Les Garennes-Colombes. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, the staff very helpful, breakfast good (although pricey) and the location very convenient. There is a tram stop in easy walking distance (a block or two) which will take you to La Defense from which you can get anywhere quickly, including the airports.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Comparable to other European Marriots this was quite sad experience. We arrived very late and knew that stay will be only for few hours or one short night. First dissapointment was the fact that no refreshments were in the room. For price of 250 EUR drinking water wouldn't be too much asked in the room, instead you get note to go down and pay more for your 7 hours of stay in the hotel. Room overall was nice and spacious. Breakfast - again something not to compare with other Marriots I've been - sausages way too salty, no vegetables at all! Good thing was tasty coffee. Would suggest to improve here value for price - fact that its touristy city doesn't mean Marriott should also follow low value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Koen V, Manager at Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Mrs Rena B,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Courtyard By Marriott Paris Colombes.

I am truly sorry to hear that your experience at our hotel was so disappointing, especially as you only stayed with us for such a short amount of time. My staff and I would have been more than happy to speak to you personally to see if we could make your stay more enjoyable, but as you were here for a conference I understand how this might have been difficult. The rate that you paid was; however, negotiated by your Group Organizer and was dependent upon the availability in the hotel and within Paris. As you stayed during the PCR Cardiology Conference, I am sorry to say that you probably would not have found a lower rate within Paris.

The idea of the Market, where you can buy any food, snacks or Sundry items has been established for all Courtyard hotels worldwide, and this is why the Minibar is vacant and available for your use. It is through this idea that we aim to satisfy our guest’s needs by encountering them in the lobby and focusing on our outstanding service. I have; however, informed my Restaurant Manager concerning your remarks of the breakfast and he is integrating your ideas within his plan to adapt the Breakfast menu and service already. All feedback is important to us, and it is thanks to the information that you provided that we can develop ourselves further and motivate our staff to excel in their work. We, and all Marriott Hotels, strive to provide consistent, high quality and personalized service to our guests.

Koen Vanherberghen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colombes
Aparthotel Adagio Access Colombes la Defense
Renaissance Paris La Defense Hotel
Courtyard Paris Arcueil
Courtyard by Marriott Paris Saint Denis
Sofitel Paris La Defense
Sofitel Paris La Defense
#2 of 41 in La Defense
Residhome Courbevoie la Defense

Been to Courtyard Paris La Defense West - Colombes? Share your experiences!