We stayed at this property in the Spring of 2013 (March) with my wife and 2 children (11 and 9) and I have to say that logistically, this was by far the easiest skiing I have ever done. I have always preferred skin in - ski out and with small children that have never skied before, we wanted easy everything with nothing to think about. With Club Med you know exactly what you are going to get.
The Bad - The property is old, dated and worn. From what I understand, it is not a true Club Med property but is leased and the Club Med signs are all temporary.
It is not a cheap. Skiing holidays are expensive in general and a Club Med premium sends the price up a bit more.
The runs are not particularly challenging for more experienced skiers and most are generally short and the views, though nice, are not what you would get in Europe or North America. Low mountains and bare trees.
The food is not what I would normally classify as up to Normal Club Med Standards. It wasn't bad, but after having stayed at 4 different Club Meds throughout Asia, I would have to say that although plentiful, the quality is not what we were used to from them.
The Good - Has to be absolutely the best place to introduce skiing to young kids that have never done it before. True ski in ski out and the convenience is great.
The shows and are always top notch at the Club Med and a great way to finish off the day.
The snow is fantastic with good powder late into the season.
The staff, the Staff, The STAFF!
If you or your family have never skied before and you live in Asia, this is definitely a great place to get introduced and a guaranteed good time as long as you are not looking for 5 star or the best food. Book it and enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Japan, the alternative winter sports world. Sahoro is a place of refinement, in full Japanese style. The microclimate that reigns over the island of Hokkaido, which has less rainfall and is cooler than the rest of Japan, ensures optimal snow cover for an intense skiing experience. And after all that skiing, revival is guaranteed, with the choice between Ofuro, traditional Japanese hot baths, and Canadian outdoor baths. Indoors you will find a heated swimming pool, jacuzzi and saunas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rakuten and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Sahoro Hokkaido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Sahoro - Karikachi Kogen Hotel Shintoku-Cho
- Club Med Shintoku Cho
- Club Med Hokkaido
- Hokkaido Club Med
- Club Med Sahoro Hokkaido Japan