We stayed at The Vale for our honeymoon for 10 nights. We had a suite, which meant our room was equipped with a full kitchen. Our room also came with a drying cupboard, luxury bathroom and a small living area next to the bed. I would say it was an extra large king room (not an apartment as such). All rooms also come with a downstairs storage locker for ski equipment.
The service was excellent (we were greeted by a chap from Brisbane) and the hotel was warm, modern and tidy. Our ski passes had already been organised when we arrived, and our luggage was already in our room (we sent this by Black Cat).
The hotel is located by one of the lifts and beginner ski area. To get to a decent part of the mountain you do have to catch a couple of lifts but that wasn't a problem. We would often come down for lunch and head back up again. The hotel also has it's own grill restaurant, cocktail bar and rental store. It is also a 2 minute walk to a convenience store and deli market. You're also surrounded by lots of incredible restaurants. The Vale has grill which in our opinion was 'OK'. You can find better meals elsewhere but it was reasonably priced and was a good location to watch some of the olympic events.
We were on the 4th floor and had a view of Hirafu. It is on a pricey side but it's well worth it. Spend a bit more to get a room with your own onsen - I hear those were amazing.
If you're looking for a social place, this wouldn't be it. Most guests simply ignored me when I tried to smile at them, or they were just plain rude. This certainly attracts the 'snooty' type of skier.
We were very sad to leave! It was the best part of our month long trip (Japan - Whistler - Hawaii).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vale Niseko is nestled in the heart of Hirafu Village in a prime ski-in, ski-out location. Spacious and luxurious interiors complement fantastic onsite features, including a family-friendly restaurant, natural onsen, heated swimming pool and ski shop. This award-winning hotel is comprised of of 49 apartments with a mix of resort rooms and one, two, and three bedroom apartments - eight of which boast private onsens. A three bedroom Penthouse on the top floor includes a onsen on the heated deck, which offers uninterrupted views of stunning Mt Yotei. The Vale Niseko has become synonymous with luxury in the town of Hirafu, and its exceptional service standards and unbeatable location ensure guests will want for nothing during their visit to powder heaven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Rakuten and Priceline so you can book your The Vale Niseko reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Niseko Hotel Kutchan-Cho
- The Vale Niseko Japan/Hokkaido - Kutchan-Cho