“Brilliant location, great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Niseko Alpen Hotel

Niseko Alpen Hotel
Sydney, Australia
“Brilliant location, great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Our stay at the Niseko Alpen Hotel was great! As you'll see from many other reviews, its location is excellent. There's a chairlift only a stones throw away from the hotel and it's also right next to a place for gear hire and purchasing lift passes. The buses from Sapporo airport also stop off in a car park which is right next to the hotel.

Another thing we loved about the hotel was the breakfast! It was included in our room booking and it was so worth it. Breakfast is pretty much an all-you-can-eat buffet with plenty to choose from, covering both Japanese and standard Western options. Everything was fresh and freshly prepared - no "hot" food thats been sitting out in the open for two hours.

Our room was fit-for-purpose for a snowboarding trip. Not a whole lot of space, but all that we needed.

Other things which made our stay enjoyable: the free wi-fi was reasonably fast and quite reliable, and the convenience store near reception has a much better range than the other hotels we had stayed in.

All-in-all, we loved our stay and we'll definitely think about coming back here if we're ever in Niseko again.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the "main" part of the building if possible. Some rooms are in an "...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank MysteryGuest70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

The best spot on the mountain. The staff at this hotel were great. From the check in all the way to the pool attendants( Hana,who recommended and booked numerous resteraunts during my stay ) . I can't thank them enough.
At the end of a big day on the mountain,it was so nice to ski to the doors of the hotel,walk inside and change from boots into comfortable slippers before a swim,or onsen. Watching people slip in their boots as they negotiated the often icy paths,the ski in approach was sooo worth it!

Breakfast was great,and the rooms clean and tidy. I'll be back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andre C
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Great location! Very good onsen, ski lockers and lunch. I stayed here for the first time and thought it was a great value. They gave 2000 JPY / day vouchers for food at their restaurant (which I used for lunch), daily ski pass, and of course access to their onsen. It is conveniently located across the parking lot from the buses that take you here and at the base of the mountain. It is ski in / ski out. Just down the hill are plenty of restaurants.
Ask for pillows WITHOUT beans in them if you are from overseas. Although I have lived in Japan for some time, I still cannot sleep on those pillows and that's all they had in my room (I did not ask for a different one though). The rooms are old and Japanese like. Not modern or western. They are completely fine for most Westerners though (except for the pillows). It is was hot (as to be expected in a Japanese hotel) but the windows did open so I could cool the room down.
Breakfast was more Japanese (I prefer this) but the selection was not really what I would eat. They have salad, ramen, fried eggs (but not made to order so I didn't touch the rubbery Frisbees they had out), miso soup, congee and lots of pastries. Not much fruit though. Coffee was good = Bonus! Overall it was a great value and I would stay there again if I was on holiday alone or with 1 other person.

Room Tip: If you have a friend that speaks Japanese, have them call. They may get a better deal and their staf...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank TokyoSalaryMan
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

Only 50 metres from the front door to a quad chair. Very helpful staff. Rooms adequate. Clean. Great views of te Grand Hirafu area. Restaurants are OK, but there's so much choice in just a few blocks. The Sweets Cafe does a fantastic dessert called Custard Pudding Toast - like french toast - but much, much better. Try it! Also the general shop in the hotel has great selection of souvenirs, clothing, food, grog etc. Onsen is lovely. Pool is a good size and was most unexpected. Breakfast has a great range of Japanese and western selection. Overall a top place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 1602Bernadette
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed in a triple room (463) for 9 nights end of Feb (booked through ski japan). I went on a skiing holiday with my two teenage boys and I must admit the room was very small and quite cramped for the 3 of us. Beds were comfortable, but I found the pillow hard and high. Room was very clean and didn't smell of smoke. Neighbours a little noisy at times so walls must be paper thin. Our room overlooked a beginners run and was a great place to people watch. Breakfast was adequate but did not change much during our stay. Wifi in the foyer worked well. We didn't use the onsen so I can't comment on that. Enough bars and restaurants within a short walk down the hill. Was very icy and snowed every day for most of our stay so you did need to be careful walking at night in particular. The main reason I chose this hotel was location to the lifts....it is worth every cent, and regardless that the rooms cramped I would stay here again next time without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank swampee
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Stayed here for a week in march. Very few westerners like us which was refreshing. Onsen very nice and clean. Great spread at breakfast - many things I didn't recognise but loads of choice.
Bedrooms large and comfortable. Great view of the slopes.
Only complaint was wafts of cigarette smoke in the bedroom. Room was definitely a non smoking one but I think there must have been smoking rooms on that floor.

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank klwombat1
ホテルニセコアルペン, 宿泊 at Niseko Alpen Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Thank you very much for your feed back .
I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us

Sorry about cigarette smell of the room , untill this winter, we do not have non smorking floor , but we have changed all hotel room to non smorking room from this June. I do hope that I can welcome you back to Hotel Niseko Alpen in the near future and thank you once again for your kind review.

Kind regards,

Hirofumi Takahashi
Reservation , Hotel Niseko Alpen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

Make this your snow destination! Snow conditions fabulous, powder galore. Apret ski in the wonderful Japanese Onsen to soak away your aching muscles, and then on to a wonderful in house dinner set menu of Japanese or Western food. Many other local eateries close by if you are curious or try The Ice Bar, The Igloo or many others. We will be going back again and again.

Room Tip: Take your own pillow if you do not like hard pillows.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Martina C
ホテルニセコアルペン, 宿泊 at Niseko Alpen Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
Hi Martina , Thank you for your review . I am pleased you continue to enjoy your stays with us.
I will be sure to share all your comments with our staff.

Thank you again and I hope in the future you continue to chose to stay with us.

Kind regards.
Hirofumi Takahashi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kutchan-cho
Chalet Ivy
#2 of 11 in Niseko-cho
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,337 reviews
Niseko Onsen
The Green Leaf Niseko Village

Been to Niseko Alpen Hotel? Share your experiences!