Open today: 08:00 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Kay creek drop off

Cheers heli glenorchy for the service you guys run. Had grate flight up to Kay creek hut started to... read more

Reviewed 27 October 2021
Brendan0489
Helicopter flight 2 snow landings

What an amazing flight, our pilot was the best. My sister, brother in law and husband and myself... read more

Reviewed 11 October 2021
24terry2021

Recommended experiences in and around Glenorchy
from US$33.85
from US$124.36
from US$225.11
from US$142.30
More Info
All reviews snow landing milford sound once in a lifetime amazing flight great pilot scenic flight amazing experience these guys great trip bucket list local knowledge amazing views thank you so much my partner south island dart river glacier
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2017

Great flight, great pilot who went the extra mile for us - all in all a fantastic afternoon in the mountains

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Knowledgeable and extremely competent pilot. Considerate of privacy and very patient during photographic shoots. Excellent communication with safety first-highly recommended.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

We travelled with nick from helicopter glenorchy & he took us from the resort over the southern Alps to Milford sound, then onto a glacier landing & back again.
We were absolutely delighted with the service, the accompaniment & knowledge that nick had shown & shared with us.
We can highly recommend Heli glenorchy to beginners & experienced travelers alike.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I stopped in Glenorchy from Queenstown. I wanted to fly. I was by myself... they said two was the minimum... I said NO PROBLEM... I paid twice for myself. I had to drive to the Glenorchy airport, met by my helicopter driver!!!!! We took off, chased reindeer in the mountains, saw lots of the Lord of the Rings mountain scenery, landed on top of a snow covered mountain, got out and took pictures, flew back down over the Lake.... It was surreal!!!!!!! Highly recommended!!!!!! Sorry, I took mostly videos but I still have a few pictures to post... but the best are in video!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I was planning a surprise trip for my best friend from home during his Queenstown trip. He has no clue that we were doing a heli-cruise-heli trip to Milford Sound. Looking back, he was so shocked as it was his first time on the heli. What a dream!! I booked the trip with the friendly staff-Fiona and they were so easy to deal with. Then we were welcomed by a very characteristic pilot Phillip who was down-to-earth kiwi bloke to make our trip the best experience possible.

Well, what a cracker of a day that was - beautiful clear skies! No words can completely capture the experience. We landed up on the Mt Tutoko glacier, lots of photos taken, written a wish on the snow. This is the trip I will NEVER forget!!

I was for once left speechless looking at the magnificent of the mountains on our flight to Milford Sound. The trip continued with Southern Discoveries Nature Cruise, the cruise was the perfect length to get up close and personal with this pristine environment. Taking photos with my bestie underneath the waterfalls was another highlight of this trip.

Heli Glenorchy-Fiona & Philip, THANK YOU so much for providing us with this great service and keep up all the good work!!