“Brook Meadow Wedding Fabulous”
Review of Brook Meadow Hotel

Brook Meadow Hotel
Reviewed 23 October 2007

Having just read the article regarding a wedding which took place at Brook Meadow in 2003, I would like to add a more up to date comment. I attended a wedding at Brookmeadow in July 2007 and I have to say what a wonderful day we had. The grounds are stunning and the hotel staff were the friendliest I have ever met, nothing was too much trouble and the speed of service for a wedding of over 100 guests was faultless. I am aware that the hotel has changed hands since the last comment was written. The manager conducting the wedding was brilliant and the whole day went by with out any problems. The only thing I am dissapointed with is the fact that I am already married s I would have loved to have had my wedding there, maybe a renewal of vows is called for!!

• Stayed: July 2007
4  Thank rlwa
There are newer reviews for Brook Meadow Hotel

Reviewed 8 September 2007

my wedding day was completely taken over due to the fact brookmeadow decided not to take any of our requests with regards to our wedding day breakfast seriously and just did what they thought would do.
this has left a very nasty taste in my mouth with regards to ever setting foot in the hotel ever again.
brookmeadow seemed more interested in the second wedding of the day. ours was very over shadowed.
some of the staff have been at the hotel years as this shows with their passion and committment, however the new management were so not right for this hotel.
if i was asked by a friend about getting married here i would say don't do it

Stayed: May 2003
3  Thank leanne_stallard
Reviewed 1 April 2007

We have just come back from a weekend at this hotel, we booked through a special deal through the group that own the hotel, for dinner, B&B. we were amazed when we arrived on Friday about the food, such delicious food, great choice, very tasty, very traditional English, and the dining room was set up lovely, crisp white table cloths, polished cutlery, everything you would expect. The wine was served at the right temperature, and the meals so filling we couldnt manage the desert. The wine incidently was delicious, Millers way or something like that, by Hardys. When I did not manage to eat all my dinner, the waiter came over at the enddd to check all was OK, I tried to reassure him it was as I was full, nice to be asked.
The room was nice, very traditional, bed was a bit lumpy, but wouldnt go so far as to say uncomfy, also the spa bath did not 'spa' but when we were offered a different room, we declined to save the trouble, it was just nice to be offered.
Breakfast the next morning was just as you would want, my only complaint is that the mushrooms were deep fried, I am a cook, I can tell.
This hotel also has a small lounge where you can sit in cosy sofas whilst having a G&T
The grounds are gorgous, its set down a country lane, very quiet, at the bottom of the garden is a lake and a thatch building, with a massive lawn going down from the house to this, outside tables looked very welcoming, was a bit cold though.
Excellent place to be based from, would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank mxdi
Reviewed 3 September 2006

We also stayed here for a wedding in august not same one as above. We founed the staff very friendly and were able to get in to our rooms early. The food was very good for the wedding and also at breakfast but staff do need to keep an eye on the buffert breakfast as when food ran out it was not replaced straight away had to wait for new eggs etc to be cooked.
the room was clean enjoyed the bath but the bed was a bit uncomfortable and the tv still only had 5 channels. But we still had a good time. the gardens were very nice and worth a walk around.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank johnboy007
Reviewed 3 August 2006

I came to brook meadow for my wedding reception and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. We had originally booked somewhere else and thought it could do no harm having a look and we are so glad we did. They couldn't have been more helpfull, they rememebered us when we rang with questions. The food was out of this world it really was the best we'd tasted and they made us feel so special. The bedroom was wonderfull and so clean, the double bath jacuzzi was amazing we had a double cause it was the honeymoon suite, but our guests were made up cause they all had single bath jacuzzi's in their rooms which I know we all enjoyed. Everything was so organised and they couldn't have helped us enough, we also have 4 children and they stayed in the hotel, we had to take a travel cot for the baby but they did provide high chairs for the little ones. We drank all our tea and coffee in the room and they provided us with more straight away, nothing was to much trouble. We stayed their for 2 nights and even on the second morning they had reserved us a table for breakfast with mr and mrs cartledge written on, it was a lovely special touch I thought. I really would recommend a night there and I will be staying again some time, I might go back for our first anniversary. The gardens are beautifull the day after the wedding we went and sat and had a few drinks in the garden and it was lovely to just sit and relax.

• Stayed: July 2006
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks
Travelodge Cheshire Oaks
#2 of 6 in Ellesmere Port
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa

Been to Brook Meadow Hotel? Share your experiences!