“Excellent service and great night sleep”

Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Front desk staff amazing and friendly. We were able to check in and leave our bags before leaving for a wedding at 1.30pm. Very helpful, informative and room was comfortable. Clean bathrooms and fresh looking room. Love the purple lighting.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jules505
SBlowers, Manager at Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Wirral Childer Thornton Premier Inn and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Our room was newly decorated, very comfortable and pristine clean. The staff were welcoming and this Premier Inn is ideally situated for ease of visiting Chester and all its attractions, or exploring the Wirral.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christine J

Reviewed 17 February 2014

There was refurbishments at the time which I was not told about that woke me and my boyfriend up at 7 o'clock in the morning, constant drilling till around 10 when we went down for breakfast, food was okay nothing special the room was lovely don't get me wrong but the service isn't great, the receptionist actually lied and said she had informed me of the refurbishments 3 days prior to my arrival which was a massive lie I was not aware of refurbishments till I got into the hotel to be hit with wet paint signs and carpets ripped up not thinking I would be woken at 7 to banging loud voices and drilling

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here overnight when visiting Chester & a football match in Liverpool. We picked this particular Premier Inn because it was the nearest one which was offering a sale price £29. We couldnt fault it for a good cheap place to stay. King size comfortable bed in a clean room with bath & shower, flat screen tv & armchair. We ate in the restaurant at the pub attached & whilst certainly not fine dining it was very reasonable food at a very good price & wine also very reasonably priced. I've stayed at many Premier Inns & this was one of the better ones.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jorich

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Wirral Childer Thornton Premier Inn.
At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves in exceeding guests’ expectations at every opportunity and I am really happy that you had a very comfortable night and the room met your expectations. I am also really happy that you consider our staff so pleasant.
We look forward to seeing you back at the Premier Inn Wirral Childer Thornton in the near future.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I recently stayed at this Premier Inn, I have never stayed in one before and always used Travelodge. The welcome we recieved was second to none, extremely helpful, made us feel like we were important and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. We stayed in a part of the hotel that had just been built and it was fabulous, will never go back to Travelodge again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Wirral Childer Thornton Premier Inn. I am so happy to hear that we've been able to convert you to a loyal customer and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Decent standard of accomodation from this no frills chain. I have used these a few times in the last few years but usuaully city centres. Childer Thornton is quite rural and therefor pretty quiet.I assume by the car park the hotel was full but didnt hear a peep from other guests and certainly none of the rowdiness these types of hotels can offer on weekends. It ticked all the boxes in terms of being clean and warm. Bed was comfy but not one of PI new dream beds. The hotel is starting to look aluttle dated but remains perfectly acceptable from what I have seen. There is building work on going at present (JAN 2014) they appear to be building a brand new accomodation block so hopefully this will lead to a refurb of the existing rooms. All in all a decent stay with no complaints. Friendly staff. The usual fill your boots breakfast buffet and Brewers Fayre pub menu available next door. If booking a £cheap offer room you want find better locally.

Room Tip: This place is set well back from the road so just get a room away from reception if its silence you...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Wirral Childer Thornton Premier Inn. All of our rooms have now been fully refurbished so you'll be in for a nice surprise on your next visit to us.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had two rooms one twin and a double. Both were very comfortable and excellent value for money. Really good location for both Liverpool and Cheshire Oaks. Friendly receptionists on arrival and departure. Only downfall is the mediocre put next door. The pub looks really inviting from the outside and the decor is good on the inside. The food was average. My only real gripe is that although there appears to be plenty of available seating, there are reserved notices on most of them, which is fine normally as I believe in first come first served. However, it appears that the staff were controlling the tables that they wanted to serve at because the tables never did have diners sat at them, we stayed in the restaurant until after last service so we know that this was the case. We would have liked to have the choice where to sit.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Woodcote Hotel
Woodcote Hotel
#4 of 6 in Ellesmere Port
Macdonald Craxton Wood Hotel & Spa

Been to Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel? Share your experiences!