“Not a snob but wouldn't stay here again” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel

Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Not a snob but wouldn't stay here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here on business and as I was travelling alone and my business was in Bromborough (5miles away ish) there was no point in paying city centre prices.
First off the hotel was under renovation, which is fair enough, and our secretary was warned that when booking.
However 'we're getting a little bit of work done' was a bit of an understatement!
They were renovating all of the rooms, obviously not all at same time, but major building works meaning lots of dust everywhere. I caught my suit and an overnight case on the bannister of the stairs and I still cant get the marks out!
When I arrived the reception had nothing but a lot of dust, newly plastered walls and a bare concrete floor. The Receptionist explained I would not be able to exit reception for my meal the way I'd came in as the floor was getting relaid. This shouldn't have been a problem but the place is like a maze, took me 5 mins of walking aimlessly before I found a builder who helped me out!
The restaurant is a pub too called the Burleydam but rather annoyingly has a soft play attached to it. Now I have kids, 2 boys, who are loud but I still love them. However when away on business the last thing I want to listen to is other people's kids screaming! The waitress showed me to my table which was right outside the soft play so that was no good, then round the corner to a little cubby hole which again was no good. Ended up sitting in the bar (a few odd looking characters in there too!) to have my meal.
Hmm yes my meal. I chose the chicken strip starters and a steak for main both of which were lovely and served by a very pleasant waitress. I had been informed by reception that there was a 'themed night' on every night and she thought tonights was Indian. It wasn't Indian it was Italian (I think) and I'm so pleased I wasn't talked into it. It appeared there was a lot of overcooked and dry food in the hot plates just sitting being a bacteria fest!
The room was really nice and obviously recently renovated as it smelled of decorators caulk and paint and at times the combination was quite overpowering.
That said the room was spotless and had been fitted with the biggest flatscreen tv I've ever seen in a Premier Inn! The room was so small though that there was only room for a tiny rail (open plan!) to hang clothes
Corridors narrow, cramped and dingy and overall the whole place just felt a bit cheap.
I'm not a snob but this certainly doesn't live up to the standards of Premier Inns I've stayed in before. Wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Cupar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

An excellent Premier Inn - one of the best that we have stayed in. The welcome by the reception staff, cleanliness of the accommodation and quality of food at both dinner and breakfast were all of the highest standard.

1 Thank Billy673
SBlowers, Manager at Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Wirral Childer Thornton Premier Inn.
At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves in exceeding guests’ expectations at every opportunity and I am really happy that you had a very comfortable night and the room met your expectations. I am also really happy that you consider our staff so pleasant.
We look forward to seeing you back at the Premier Inn Wirral Childer Thornton in the near future.
May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.
Northwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

The hotel is an ideal base for visits to the whole of the Wirral,Liverpool ,Chester,cheshire oaks,even the Trafford Center all of which we visited.The staff were all very nice and helpful....But the room we stayed in was so noisey,for the first 4 nights our neighbours banged and shut doors,flushed loos,and slammed draws at all times of the night...When they left they were replaced by a couple with two kids who they seemed unable to control, who could shout louder!!!!!!!mum dad or the kids???......Posters everywhere good night sleep guaranteed..well not here it wasn't..We were both gutted at the end of our weeks stay.We usually stay at your Albert Dock Hotel and come May 11th for our next break that's where were heading back too....Now that is one hotel where you do get what it says on the tin...We are sorry this is a poor review,but we were really glad to go home on the Sunday,which is what we didn't want....

Room Tip: Not quite sure!!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Walsall, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

room was lovely but after havin a nightmare... had booked a quad room but they had only booked a single room for me... couldnt eat in the resturant because they was fully book and had to wait an hour but because my sons a diabetic we had to travel to find somewhere to eat as couldnt wait that long... then afew days later had realised the hotel had made a computer error and that happen more than one payment out of my bank.... had a nightmare trying to get money bk they was sayin i had booked more than one room but in the end they said it was a computer error and r refunding my money and am still waiting now... overall not happy and wont be sayin there again

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We booked 2 rooms 1 disabled for my parents.
The hotel has 2 accommodation blocks and our room was allocated in the 1 opposite reception as we were checking in the receptionist told me that the disabled rooms were in the block by reception and she would change our room so that both our rooms were by reception I did not even have to ask.
We have stayed in premier inn hotels before and this one has been renovated with all the mod cons which we were not expecting they are even better than before.
The hotel was clean and the receptionist staff were always smiling and helpful.
We booked breakfast and have no complaints all very good as it normally is with a premier inn.

We were visiting as we knew the area and were visiting family.

The pub food next door is the only thing that let's it down but as this review is based on the hotel I will return I just would not eat in the hotel again for an evening meal.
Thank you. Until next time.

Room Tip: We were in the block by reception that was all new and renovated.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SBlowers, Manager at Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Clean, tidy with modern updated rooms and the staff were all very positive and friendly. Location is great and set back enough from the road, so you will not even notice its there, with lots a green shrubs and trees it feels mush more like the county side than it is.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Wirral Childer Thornton Premier Inn and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Rochdale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Lovely Hotel in a quiet setting on the outskirts of ellesmere Port. the rooms are lovely and clean. the food is cooked to your likeing You need to book your evening meal asap as it gets quite busy in the dining area.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Wirral Childer Thornton Premier Inn.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Childer Thornton
Premier Inn Wirral (Two Mills) Hotel
Inglewood Manor
Inglewood Manor
#2 of 3 in Ledsham

Been to Premier Inn Wirral (Childer Thornton) Hotel? Share your experiences!