“Nice hostelry”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Langbank
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2014

They serve a brilliant pint of lager ( albeit, a tad overpriced ) however service & location excellent.

Ryan L, Manager at Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear tartanjohn,

Thank you for your review and kind comments. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is my second visit to the Wheelhouse in Langbank, and although I thought impossible, was better than my first experience, which was awesome.

Based on our first visit we booked again as we had relatives over from Canada and this was a family get together. The Canadian side of the family loved the location, decor, meals and said the staff were fantastic, friendly, warm and so welcoming.

As I loved the Chilli Nachos for a starter the first time I decided to have them again and they were a slice of heaven on a plate, the Chef must be one little Angel. My cousin also had them and rated them highly. Two had the Bacon and Lentil soup which the loved, the Tiger Prawns went down a treat as did the Haggis starter. So all in all 100% satisfaction for starters.

For mains three went for the Carvery, loved every mouthful, one chicken enchilada which went down rather well, lasagne was awesome as were the chips and chicken curry which went down a treat.

Have to admit I was the only one who managed a pudding and I cannot remember the name but it was worth putting a few pounds on for.

Again a fantastic time had by all and great service. Well done to the management and staff xx

Ryan L, Guest Relations Manager at Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Elaine D,

Thank you for your extremely kind comments and positive feedback. It makes the hard work seem worthwhile to know how greatly it is appreciated by our guests. We are delighted that you and your family had such an enjoyable visit and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

£2.95 for a irn bru, £2.50 for half pint of draft coke.
My partner had the chilli prawn starter, which still had pieces of shell on them. I did point this out to the waiter and his reply was a shrug of shoulders basically wasn't interested. Main courses were nice. Put off by drinks prices and attitude of waiter.

1  Thank Jacqueline C

Dear Jacqueline C,

Thanks for your review. The price of a 330ml glass bottle of Irn Bru is standard for the industry and you will pay around this price in most restaurants, the same applies to the price of a 12oz glass of Pepsi. It was not pieces of shell you had with the chilli prawn starter it was chilli flakes. Apologises if you felt the waiter was not as helpful as he could have been in pointing this out. We are pleased that you enjoyed your main courses and hope that you will return in the future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were coming back from a drive and my husband remembered this place from when he used to work nearby. I'm glad we 'popped in' - though, at first I thought it was going to be a bad experience and the staff just looked at us when we came in the door (we weren't dressed that casually?) However, who seemed like the manager took us to or table, drinks came quickly, as did our meal. We weren't disappointed - as they say, you eat with your eyes first. The food was very well presented and tasted delicious. It's a shame it was just a quick visit, we would have loved to spend more time there, perhaps to order a starter and/or a dessert. We will be back

Ryan L, Guest Relations Manager at Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear loobyl,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable visit and we look forward to you returning.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

1st visit selected the carvery, Deelish. 2nd visit a la carte, awesome food. The wheelhouse staff so attentive and look after your every need, I will return.

2  Thank Inyirheid

Dear Inyirheid,

Thanks for the review and kind comments, we look forward to your next visit.