“Fantastic Get away” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Langbank
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Gleddoch House golf and spa club is a great wee get away. It has 2 great walks to choose from as well as very clean swimming pool and gymnasium. The hotel its self is like a maze. Trying to get to the rooms from the reception is a bit of a distance but fun trying to get there. You can either go outside and walk up the hill or walk through corridors after corridors and some stairs to get to the rooms and leisure facilities.

Overall its a fantastic hotel and staff will go out there way to help.

The hotel is located away from the train station and the shops. I had to phone for a taxi to get from the train station to the hotel and it cost between £4 and £6. you could walk if u wanted 15 minutes up a hill with no paths. Its a narrow road. The view from the hotel is amazing.

Room Tip: The rooms up near the leisure facilities and restaurant gives the best view of the River Clyde and t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gourock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I used our groupon voucher for an overnight stay with breakfast and had a lovely time the views were stunning and room nice! However when we eventually found our room round the maize of corridors we entered our room and the bed sheets had 3 big very obvious black marks on them, I don't doubt they were clean but this is not acceptable! The maid should step back when leaving rooms and think "am I happy with my work here" I would not have big marks on my sheets at home and certainly do not appreciate it when staying in a hotel! These sheets should be put in the bin and never used! Also when going for a shower the shower head kept falling forward into the wall and I had to keep lifting it back up (annoying) And we ran out of the little bit of toilet roll as well that we were left!
I went to make a cup of tea with the stuff left for us and there was a half eaten biscuit in an open packet for us which made me sick! Either leave unopen packs or just don't leave them at all!
I read reviews before I went to this hotel and thought ignore it and enjoy, I have never written a review before and I have stayed in loads of hotels! But I just feel I was let down on this!
Also the pool and sauna, I read the reviews of it needing upgrading my god they were not wrong the smell in the sauna room made me vomit it was so damp!
On a good note....we enjoyed our time away and would stay again! Breakfast was lovely and staff were very attentive, although another point to make which is not acceptable is the dishes we were served our beans in and tea cup were chipped! Infection control.....
Please Gleddoch House get your house staff a good talking to and educate them on cleanliness! And infection risks! Would they like a half eaten biscuit, drink out of chipped cups, sleep in white sheets with big black marks???? This should not have happened overlooked or not!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Dapajaro
Argyll & Bute
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I had booked Sunday lunch for myself & my Mum via the Groupon Voucher & was a bit dubious after reading some of the reviews but was very pleasantly surprised.

On arrival the views over the Clyde were beautiful & plenty of parking available. By the looks of it the 'potholled' drive had been filled in a bit which I was thankfull for! We went into the main reception area & were told the 2 routes to the resturant, drive round the corner to the leisure club enterance & enter there or work up an appetite climbing up the many stairs to the resturant....we chose the latter & there are alot of stairs & it is abit like the Crystal Maze but it gave us a good wee nosey round the hotel!
The resturant was busy but although we were half an hour early for our table we were seated straight away.
The view from the resurant over the golf course & down the drive again were lovely & I found the table & cutlery etc clean & nicely set out. My mum chose the Steak Pie which was full of steak & she found it delicious. I chose the roast which was ham & equally as nice. We both had cheesecake for dessert & again it was lovely & tasted homemade (alot of hotels do bulk buy there desserts!)
The staff were nice, helpfull, knowedgeable and always on hand if you needed anything. The manager also took time to come over & ask how our meal was & have a quick chat about how the place was doing.
We never used the Spa facilities but we will be back so will try them then. All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
tyne and wear
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. Check in quick and easy. Were told our room was in the leisure section of the hotel, so took the long walk through all the corridors and up several stairs to get there. We brought the car around later on which we parked just outside out room.
Our room was large with a verandah overlooking the golf course. The bed was huge and comfortable. Ironing board, iron, hair dryer and tea and coffee facilities all in room. However, negatives about the room were the soundproofing, you could hear next door as clear as day. Attention needs paying to the cleaning around door sills leading to verandah, toilet roll holder thick with dust, shower holder hanging off wall, curtains not the cleanest!! Would also be nice to have a small fridge in room.
The restaurant was ok, we ate in there our first night and had breakfast both days. Pleasant albeit the service quite slow.
We didn't use the pool, but from looking at it it looks like it could do with a bit of a facelift, which brings me on to the rest of the hotel.
This place has potential to be outstanding. A lick of paint, some nice landscaping, a few more communal areas/bars. We had a walk around the grounds to find old patio heaters lying against a wall, cable coming out of gravel. They really really could make this place beautiful with a bit of TLC.
The location is good for loch Lomand and Glasgow City centre.
All in all wouldn't really stay here again in its current state. I am very well travelled and have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels. In its present state I would only just rate this as a 3 star.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank trollydolly76
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Superior room I had booked was superb value, I've had smaller suits at over 3 times the cost, furniture style in keeping with the building though not scruffy or tired. Large comfy bed, sofa chairs etc. modern bathroom and tv's

Overall the hotel looks visually good and it would be a nice stroll through the grounds had the weather been kinder.

However the layout is not the greatest with a bit of a maze from rooms to bar / restaurant, with lots of stairs.

Lastly although the hotel was quiet and I arrived too late to eat in the restaurant (closes at 9.30) which looked pretty nice, I was disappointed that no hot food was available at the bar and the bar area itself id say was more suited to a few pints after a round of golf with mates than a nice place for hotel guests to relax.

• Stayed March 2014
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

We visited this hotel for an overnight stay. On arrival at the restaurant, my first impression was that it was not as I expected. Having visited this hotel on business visits a few years ago it certainly was not the same standard. Road to hotel in dreadful condition. Having said that the room was very comfortable and the food was excellent. Enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Paisley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Voucher deal for leisure access and 3 course lunch. Fantastic value.

Location convenient although I agree the potholed road is a bit dodgy, moreso if you arrived in the dark.

Lovely grounds and golf course (played here before).

Staff at reception lovely. Walked up to the leisure area. Changing rooms could do with a bit more of a clean and new lockers. Very small for a normal gym bag. Machines and gym area good enough for a workout. Might get warm if there are lots of people in.

Went down to the pool area. Excellent. Spacious with a good sauna and steam room. Showers outside the changing rooms a little unusual but safe enough.

Went for lunch in a packed restaurant. Lovely views over our majestic countryside.

Food wonderful. Had the same as the previous reviewer. Sticky toffee pudding and cheesecake lovely. Value incredible. Full price would worry me.

Staff excellent and attentive and a buzzing restaurant. Ambience just right.

A few more touches of quality in the gym area and a cheaper standard menu would hit the mark. Would return on a voucher deal.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langbank
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 3 in Bishopton
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Dumbarton/Loch Lomond Hotel

Been to Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf? Share your experiences!