“Great weekend away !”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Langbank
Gourock, United Kingdom
“Great weekend away !”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here for our anniversary and were very pleased with our stay. The staff were very attentive and asked us if we would like a reservation in the restaurant and also take our bags. We felt like royalty! When entering our room we were surprised at how big the bed was. It was a king and we loved it - so much space to stretch! The bathroom was also very nice and the room was very clean. The room in general had an old fashioned look to it but apart from this we had a great sleep and enjoyed our first long lie in weeks. We made reservation for the Ingliston centre about 10 minutes away by car and we asked the receptionist to book it for us. The taxi did take about 25-30 minutes to arrive, however the receptionist did call them back asking how long the taxi would take. We didn't ask him to call the taxi rank back and we felt that it was a nice touch. I didn't take note of the receptionist name but he was very polite and friendly. We did miss our reservation by about 15 minutes, however I had a 3 course meal to make up for it and our night was not spoiled. Be aware of the squeaky floor boards!! I had a look at the breakfast menu and it did seem quite pricey but there is a good variety of meals. I would stay here again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
GleddochHouse, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for such a pleasant review and I will be delighted to pass on your kind comments to Paul who was at reception.

We at Gleddoch look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Alistair Naismith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

A lovely golf resort with a stunning bay view . Suitable for golf lovers , we had a dinner on the restaurant facing the golf fields , we end up paying £65 for a Bottle of wine 2 mains , 2 deserts. Food was lovely . Staff was polite and operative .Will be back .

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and we as a team at Gleddoch House Hotel look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Many thanks.

Bathgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I booked an overnight stay with spa treatments for myself, my daughter and granddaughter as a treat for her 18th birthday. Like others I was rather apprehensive after seeing some of the reviews. I could not agree with them. We had a lovely clean family room with spectacular views over the Clyde. The room was well equipped with hairdryer etc and even an iron and ironing board which normally need to be requested The spa treatments were excellent and we enjoyed our swim too. The food was delicious. The staff throughout the hotel were helpful and friendly. Value for money was exceptional - we paid £45 each for bed, breakfast and a spa treatment each! The only downside was that the beds were not as comfortable as they might have been, but this is a small niggle and did not detract from our stay. Many thanks. We will be back and will recommend the hotel to our friends.
Margaret Samuel

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Clyde have a lovely view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 181Margaret181
Dear Guest

Many thanks for such a terrific review which I enjoyed reading and sharing with my team.

Dorking, UK
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel is in a beautiful location, and the room was very spacious and comfortable. The evening meal was not that great but quite frankly, none of the other meals we had in other places or restaurants were either. Actually, I ordered the haddock risotto and that was fantastic, but my daughter had the fish and chips (the fish was not very tasty and the crust was soggy) and my husband had the steak and ale pie which was great but it came with vegetables that tasted of fish, according to my husband. My son had the macaroni and cheese, and that was very good as well. So even the evening meal was not bad, actually. The highlight was the swimming pool and the sauna - that was luxury!. Now, the breakfast, included in the price, was AMAZING. We payed £85 for the night and had the most amazing breakfast EVER. Compared to the other places we stayed, it was incredible value for money!!!!

The room was great…. spacious, nice and comfortable beds. Nice view from the room, overlooking the golf course….

Room Tip: The family room is great value!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisi_9
Dear Guest

Many thanks for a great review and I am delighted that you all enjoyed yourselves at the Gleddoch House Hotel.

scotland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nts on a d,b&b with golf. Hotel is in a beautiful location, with stunning views of the River Clyde.
Now for the negative points :-
1/ Hotel is " very shabby ", badly in need of MASSIVE T.L.C.
2/ On 1st night, my lentil soup contained a large piece of cling film, the young waiter apologised & my friend & I received a complimentary pint of FLAT lager ( the bar area adjacent to the restaurant is a shambles )
3/ Next evening, the "soup of the day" was again lentil, ( without the cling film )

Golf course is on a par with the hotel, tired & in need of proper course management. The round of golf was ruined by a 4 ball several holes ahead, constantly holding up other golfers, due to their Pathetically SLOW play. In spite of many signs telling golfers to "keep up with the group in front", by the 13th tee, there were no other players thro to the 18th green.
We later found out the 4 "golfers" were the Club Captain & 3 friends !!!!!!!!!!!
The next day we checked out, without even playing another round.

To sum up, avoid this hotel / golf course.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank tartanjohn
Dear Guest

I have discussed your experience in depth with my F&B team and forwarded your comments regarding the golf course to the Golf Director for his and the golf commitee's consideration.

Many thanks for your review.

Alistair Naismith

Travellers are raving about these Langbank hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Was treated to an afternoon tea and spa treatment at Gleddoch House this week. Have to say I was pretty shocked as I always thought this was termed a luxury venue. The decor is tired and dirty and I hate to say it but the place doesn't smell that fresh. Lots of dust on lamps and tables etc. The Spa on the other hand was superb despite being housed in this dated establishment. Staff in the Spa were fabulous and I'd defo go back for some treatments...I'd just miss out the Hotel experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Delightednumber7
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and I have taken note of your comments.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel got rooms one overlooking the golf course and one had a sea view.Dinner at the restaurant had a good choice food was lovely, breakfast more than ample. Pool looked great. Had a good sleep apart from the fire alarm in the wee small hours would have been nice if the staff had checked if we were ok or at least mentioned it the next day apart from that enjoyed the stay.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen K
GleddochHouse, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your kind comments.

I have taken on board your observations regarding the fire alarm activation for any future incidents.

Alistair Naismith
Also consider these accommodations in or near Langbank
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort
Ingliston Country Club
Ingliston Country Club
#2 of 3 in Bishopton
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Golden Jubilee Conference Hotel

Been to Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf? Share your experiences!