Lowest prices for your stay
£206
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Reilly&Boyd
Glasgow, United Kingdom
The outdoor jacuzzi is a must try!!
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Feb 2024via mobile
The hotel is set in the stunning countryside of Scotland. The highlight was the outdoor heated jacuzzi and its stunning views. The executive super king room was very spacious, with an espresso coffee machine and complimentary slippers and dressing gown. Unfortunately the bed and pillows were very uncomfortable and not to the standard we have found in other 4 star hotels. We also had trouble sleeping due to the light shining from the hallway and rowdy guest walking past our room.
The hotel staff were very friendly.
Date of stay: February 2024Trip type: Travelled as a couple
£65
  • eDreams
5.8 miles from Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
7.0 miles from Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
7.4 miles from Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
View more hotels in Langbank
1,226 results
All reviews golf course hot tub vista restaurant outdoor jacuzzi market menu a lovely stay from start to finish hotel is lovely birthday treat every member of staff junior suite an overnight stay room was spotless leisure facilities waiting staff food was lovely relaxation room
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2024

We have stayed here a good few times over the years and normally really enjoy our stay.

Our stay got off to a poor start after contact with a very rude groundskeeping staff when parking. I won't go into the full story here, but we did mention this at reception when checking in and the receptionist couldn't have been more apologetic and said she would speak to the manager.

Went to the spa and had a lovely massage. Staff members were all really friendly. The spa area is nice enough but agree that it does have a bad smell when coming out of the changing room and the floors in the changing room are soaking wet. The hot tub and other facilities are lovely but the area is probably too small for the number of guests along with spa day customers.

We had dinner in the restaurant which was nice enough. Service was a little slow and after waiting 15 minutes from being given dessert menu with still no one asking what we want, we decided to just get the bill and leave. The service at breakfast was a lot better.

The room was nice enough, however the shower gel was empty and shower would not get any hotter than lukewarm. This is for both evening and morning showers my husband and I had. Luckily I brought some shower gel with me.

The bar staff in the dram bar are very nice and knowledgeable and they have delicious cocktails.

All in all, the place is nice, most staff are friendly. However, certain aspects seem to be a little downhill from previous visits.

Date of stay: February 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James Anderson, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2024

Dear Jam_star123,

Thankyou for taking the time to provide feedback from your visit to Gleddoch. I do believe the matter regarding one of our groundskeepers was Indeed dealt with on the day you checked In.

I am very happy that you made the most of our fantastic facilities, please also be assured I will pass your comments on regarding the floor to our spa manager.

Service Is something we pride ourselves in here at Gleddoch, so I am saddened that we fell below our normal high standards on this occasion, I will be speaking to our restaurant manager regarding this.

I think overall you had a nice and relaxing time with us, I will pass on your kind comments regarding the staff to the wider team, who I am sure will be delighted with the feedback.

Please do not let the Issues that occurred during your stay deter you from returning, I will ensure on your next visit you will have a far superior experience.

Reviewed 30 January 2024

The spa facilities were great - the large outdoor jacuzzi was great late at night in the cold weather. The rooms were nice and well equipped, while the hotel bar's cocktails and whiskey selection really hit the mark. All the staff were super accommodating and helpful throughout our stay. Great value for money for the January sale, well worth the visit.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mundros,

Thankyou for providing such amazing feedback from your recent visit to Gleddoch. I am delighted that we met your expectations on every level, from our outdoor spa pool to our fantastic cocktails.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the whole team who I am sure will be very happy with your comments.

I already cannot wait to welcome you back In the very near future.

Reviewed 25 January 2024 via mobile

On arrival, we were greeted at reception by a warm and welcoming young lady

Our room was fine, clean, nice towels, bedding etc

The spa facilities were very good and relaxing

Restaurant food was not up to the level of quality for the prices charged
My complaint was dealt with efficiently

Staff are friendly but could do with a bit more training, asked on 2 separate occasions for water still never arrived

Breakfast was also again disappointing
The quality of the buffet breakfast was below par
Looked like potato scone was deep fried and tough, The presentation of the food could be a lot better for this quality hotel

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James Anderson, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2024

Dear Odyssey12922494639,

Thank you for sharing a review from your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you received a warm welcome by our Reception team and loved our relaxing spa facilities. I will pass this to our team whom will be happy to hear.

Please accept my apologies your dining experience was not up to our usual high standards and felt service was slow. I will pass your comments to our Food and Beverage manager and issue further training where required.
I am sorry you were disappointed with breakfast, this is not the standard feedback we have received, however we are currently looking into changing our breakfast service which will be done very soon.
I am however pleased your complaint was dealt with efficiently.

I hope this has not impacted your experience for a return in the future.

Kind Regards,
Rachel
Duty Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2024

Would not recommend, couldn’t use the spa as it was over crowded even tho 6 people come out when we were waiting so it obviously can be over crowded when it suits, also been waiting over 2 weeks for an email or phone call regarding a complaint that was put in. No interest in communication unless they are taking money

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James Anderson, General Manager at Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2024

Dear Corin,

It was myself that spoke with you just after you checked out, I responded to your email 48 hours after you checked out of the property.
Unfortunately we have had technical Issues with our emailing system, which has resulted In a lot of emails bouncing back, so please be assured this Is the reason you have not received any of my emails and I can only apologise for this.

I have resent my original response, please feel free to email me directly with any questions.

Reviewed 22 January 2024

I have emailed you this exact review but received no response unfortunately.

Myself and my friend visited today, Saturday 20th January for the rejuvenate with afternoon tea spa package.
The lady we dealt with on reception on arrival was very pleasant and welcoming.
The lady who did my treatment was also fantastic, very friendly and welcoming and made me feel very relaxed.

Unfortunately the rest of our experience today was pretty poor.
The female changing area was dirty, smelly and generally resembled that of an overused public swimming pool.
There was no toilet paper in either of the toilets and no one was around to ask for some.
The floors throughout the changing rooms, pool area and conservatory were absolutely soaking resulting in me sliding going through to the changing room. During our 4 hours here we never witnessed anyone mopping the floors to clear all the water away.
The conservatory area was full of wet towels that had obviously been left by other guests, yet they were still there upon our departure.
There also, on two occasions was nowhere for us to sit in any of the areas meaning we had to wait for people to leave before we could relax. Too many people allowed in and not enough amenities to accomodate everyone.

I bought these vouchers for my friend and I as a special Christmas gift and for £180 was expecting a much better experience than what we had today.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank lynsey t

Dear 96lynseyt,

Thank you for sharing a review on your recent stay with us.
I am pleased you had a warm welcome upon check in and loved your spa treatments and found our spa team very welcoming and friendly.
I am very sorry to hear you were disappointed with our Spa and Leisure area. Cleanliness is something we take pride in here at Gleddoch, I am sorry this is not up to our usual high standards. I will pass your feedback to our Spa and Leisure manager to investigate this further.

Kind Regards,